Discussion Board

Random order of MMS parts

Hi!
    Why doesn't the MMS Library 1.1 put the different parts in the order they are added to the MMS message? I can get the correct order if I use SMIL, but since the 7210 doesn't support SMIL the parts are not as they should be.
    Is there a fix to this problem? We are sending out news as MMS and we really need for the parts to be in the correct order in the message.

Please help!

Kari Bengs

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Random order of MMS parts

Hello!

As the Nokia 7210 supports limited amount of SMIL tags (same as the Nokia 7650) you can set the display order for the components.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

The simple answer is that the MMContents are added to a HashTable which does not preserve order. This could be modified to perhaps a linkedHashTable to preserve the order. However, when the m-send-req message is decoded by the mmsc there's no guarantee that the contents will not be muddled up, so as someone else has stated, best use a SMIL presentation to preserve order.

This behavior of the MMSLibrary 1.1 has perplexed me since I first encountered it this summer. My company, 3dMe, re-wrote the MMSLibrary in C# and this version doesn't have that problem. If anyone is interested in licensing the C# MMSLibrary send email to bizdev@3dme.com.