Discussion Board

Smile JSR 179 Mobile registration info (newbie)

Hi, I am wondering if anyone help me with this question.

According to the sample code in JSR 179,

Criteria cr = new Criteria();
    // set the cr settings
    lp = LocationProvider.getInstance(cr);

One needs to create a criteria object, specify the criteria object settings. Get an instance of the location provider and retrieve the location information from the location provider.

I am wondering if there are some kind of identification info (ESN or MDN) that are provide to the Location Provider during the registration process in order for the Location Provider to know identify my mobile (i.e. which mobile's location, it is suppose to provide). If this is true, is this function call embedded below the APIs provided by JSR 179? (I went through JSR 179 and wasn't able to find such a function).
    Does anyone know where I can find more information regarding this function? Specifically, I would like to know what identification info I need to pass to this function in order for the Location Provider to identify my mobile.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Paul

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: JSR 179 Mobile registration info (newbie)

The implementation takes care of that. It abstracts the underlaying implementation and details. It just provides you coordinates. You do not need to worry about anything else.
    LocationProvider can be a GPS module (either built-in or through Bluetooth) or the information can come from the operator (if operator provides such info - not many do).
    You do not need to do anything extra for getting the operator provided info (except possibly pay money...).

does this help?
    Hartti