Discussion Board

difference between SDK_S60_3rd and SDK_S60_2rd

I have Nokia N72, in description "www.s60.com/life/s60phones/displayTechnicalSpecification.do?deviceId=798", it specify what this phone has S60 2nd Edition. But I have downloaded S60 3nd Edition FP 1. Will be application compiled with "S60 3nd Edition FP 1" be correct execute in my phone.

Regular Contributor

Re: difference between SDK_S60_3rd and SDK_S60_2rd

No, I'm afraid not - there is a complete binary break between applications compiled using 2nd edition SDKs and 3rd Edition ones. I'm afraid you have to download the right SDK in order for you application to run probably..

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hoozman
    I have Nokia N72, in description "www.s60.com/life/s60phones/displayTechnicalSpecification.do?deviceId=798", it specify what this phone has S60 2nd Edition. But I have downloaded S60 3nd Edition FP 1. Will be application compiled with "S60 3nd Edition FP 1" be correct execute in my phone.
    For a developer, S60.com is not exactly the right place for finding informations about devices and SDKs. See Forum Nokia's Device Specifications area where you will find that for N72 the right SDK is S60 2nd Edition FP3.

Thanks, I will download the SDK_S60_2rd_3FP.