Discussion Board

Super Contributor

BIO messaging on 3rd (HOW TO SEND BIO MESSAGE)

Hi,

I've tried to implement my own bio parser. I prepared parser dll (and corresponing 'bif' resource file). I derived my own parser from CBaseScriptParser2. It seems to work, because when I've tried to enumerate bio uids and dlls over CBIODatabase API I'm able to find the parser, load the dll and invoke the parser manually. So I expect that parser works.

Then I tried to send BIO message. I was able to send vCard without problems, but when I tried to call RSendAsMessage::SetBioTypeL() with some other uid it crash with -1 when I put here some non-existing uid. It seems to bo O.K. But when I put here UID related to my BIO message parser, which I put into corresponding resoure it leaves with -15 (KErrServerTerminated!!) and 'Main' application crash with E32USER CBase21 error on both emulator and device. It seems like Series 60 bug(

Resource:

RESOURCE BIO_INFO_FILE
    {
    message_type_uid=0x101F1122;
    message_parser_name="MyOwnParser.dll";
    message_app_uid=KUidUseDefaultApp;
    }

When I called
    TRAP( err, message.SetBioTypeL(TUid::Uid(0x101F1122)) )
    'Main' application crash on both device and emulator:
    http://www.bombon.name/others/Main_E32User_CBase21.GIF
    (screenshot from emulator - sorry that I was forced to cover the app name

So - is possible to send own BIO message type?
    Doesn anybody tried it?

Thanks a lot for help
    Best Regaqrds,
    STeN

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: BIO messaging on 3rd (HOW TO SEND BIO MESSAGE)

Sending a BIO message does not really involve the parser.
    Priju has had some success in sending BIO stuff according to this thread: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...icture+message

Super Contributor

Hi,

first - big thank for replying..

You'r right - parser has nothing to do with message sending itself. But then is BIO message copied to outbox it can be opened - that's the place, when parser and/or controller (to display content) is invoked.

I wanted to create BIO message - and using RSendAsMessage class I must call SetBioTypeL() method, so it was necessary to pass as a parameter bio message uid. When I tried to put here KMsgBioUidVCard I was able to send visit card message without any problem. BUT when I tried some other number it leaves with -1 (KErrNotFound). So I've created BIO_INFO_FILE resource+parser, because I thought that when system will see that parser is provided it will allow to create message. Situaution changed, but instead of -1 it leaves with -15 and Main built-in application panics with E32USER CBase21... This panics is from my point of view OS bug. But there is still question how to send BIO message??

I checked your VERY NICE example, but unfortunatelly:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    You're using KMsgBioUidRingingTone, so you were able to send your own content, BUT not own BIO message, beacuse content was processed by system os ringbc.dll. I need to have my own BIO, which will be processed by my own parser.

You did the same thing as me when I send visit card with my own data inside.The only difference is that you're using MTM way to send a message, while I used RSendAs API. But I need something different.

If you have any comment or I didn't understand something - please answer me. It's always fine to read your replies!!!

Best Regards
    and!!
    have a nice day
    STeN
    Last edited by stenlik; 2007-02-28 at 11:31.

The required capabilities are:

For parser DLL: ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData DiskAdmin NetworkControl SwEvent NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData Location UserEnvironment

And for control DLL: NetworkControl Location ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData SwEvent ReadUserData WriteUserData NetworkServices LocalServices UserEnvironment

yucca

Regular Contributor

Hi,

For parser DLL: ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData DiskAdmin NetworkControl SwEvent NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData Location UserEnvironment
    As one need NetworkControl and DiskAdmin capabilities, is it reasonable to get them from symbiansigned for this pourpose?

I have an app that needs to listen for incoming messages and do some configuration and I think this is the best solution to do it. Right now I'm abble to run app on startup and listen all the time to the message server, but I would prefer to start my app just when a incoming message arrives.

Do you think that I will get those capabilities?

Many thanks in advance.