Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Talking PHP running on Mobile Web Server

Does anybody has succesfully configured the webserver to use PHP ?

My Web Server is working fine, but without PHP :-(

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: PHP running on Mobile Web Server

Quote Originally Posted by neus
    Does anybody has succesfully configured the webserver to use PHP ?
    Actually, a bright summer intern ported as an experiment PHP to S60. It works pretty ok under Raccoon, but runs easily out of memory. Don't hold your breath, though, as there are no decisions if, when and in what form it will be made available.

Meanwhile, have a look at mod_python and PSP (Python Server Pages). Translating PHP code to PSP is a fairly straightforward process. As someone expressed it elsewhere on this forum, it's like translating german to french.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnwkmn View Post
    Actually, a bright summer intern ported as an experiment PHP to S60. It works pretty ok under Raccoon, but runs easily out of memory. Don't hold your breath, though, as there are no decisions if, when and in what form it will be made available.

Meanwhile, have a look at mod_python and PSP (Python Server Pages). Translating PHP code to PSP is a fairly straightforward process. As someone expressed it elsewhere on this forum, it's like translating german to french.
    Even PSP and PHP are very similar, I think Raccoon with PHP support its a winning combination. PHP is more extended than PSP.

If I could debug my web programs with a bluetooth keyboard and a TV connection, I would throw my laptop away.

Please consider again to publish that memory hungry PHP port, and take a look at the world reaction.

If you decide also about porting MySQL, I promise to send you a box of red wine bottles for all the team.
    Oscar B
    paniccode.com

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by OscarBernabeu View Post
    If you decide also about porting MySQL, I promise to send you a box of red wine bottles for all the team.
    Now that's an incentive in my taste!

Johan

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by OscarBernabeu View Post
    Please consider again to publish that memory hungry PHP port, and take a look at the world reaction.

I can now reveal that we at the CCNC conference in Las Vegas in January, 2008 will demonstrate and release what we call the PAMP stack.

PAMP stands for Personal Apache, MySQL, PHP, so yes, the full LAMP stack will be made available for S60 smart phones. In addition, there will be PHP extension modules that provide access to the core functionality of the phone. And on top of PAMP you can basically install any LAMP based content management system. For instance, Drupal can be installed off the shelf.

Yes, a fair amount of memory is needed and it's still pretty experimental stuff, but it runs quite nicely on E90.

So, if you are in the neighbourhood, join us in Las Vegas

Johan

Ok. Send me a private with the address to send you the wine.
    (but promise to not programm and drink at the same time )
    Oscar B
    paniccode.com

What about early adopters. Can I get this package from some secret place and test it, please.

I have been wondering the solution for the same problem ans I would really appreciate if someone could share a possible solution for this problem. Any suggestions would help and thanks in advance.

To neus: Hi.. i thought that I was the only one experiencing the same problem.. I am too have a server but when i tried to apply PHP it does not work anymore.. I think it's an error that lots of people have been encountering.. How I wish that we could find the right solution. Until next time, bye.

All I know about PHP is that it only works for Linux and it cost more that its competitor ASP. Have you tried using ASP on your computer? But if you are after the speed and its efficiency you must go for the PHP.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mawada net View Post
    All I know about PHP is that it only works for Linux and it cost more that its competitor ASP. Have you tried using ASP on your computer? But if you are after the speed and its efficiency you must go for the PHP.
    PHP cost more than ASP? O_o It works fine in Windows too for me.

Dearest Neus: I have not yet encountered the problem that you have.. But I will try to search for answer while I'm doing my other research about the same concern.. I will just post here if ever I have news for you.

Have you tried restarting your PC when you installed your PHP? .. Because from what I know is that PHP will not work until you restart your PC but that is after you have finished installing it. Another suggestion is that you use another application for your PC.

@edgars, I don't think that this is what the issue is all about.. Yes, power cycling can help, but not in this kind of situation..

Hey I also have the same problem like you have.. has anyone tried to help you?.. I am always looking for answers and possible solution on the net but still got none. I hope that some one will help me.