Discussion Board

Post Problem In receiving data in mobile client sent from pc server via bluetooth

Hi!all..
    I am doing the same thing...in my project actually i want to transfer data from pc to mbile back and forth..using bluetooth
    I m using atinave aveLink BT library...

In that i am able to transfer data from mobile to pdesktop pc successfully..
    in my application desktop pc is server and mobile j2me application is client....
    Now i am able to connect both mobile and pc and as i have told u already i am to send data from mobile to pc and pc receives them and prints them but when i am trying reverse thing my mobile receives data randomly i.e. it may happen that mobile doesn't receive data at all or mobile receives all the data...and in that ratio of not receiving data in mobile at alll is more than receiving successfully....

I have also tried to communicate between two mobiles in which one is server and other mobile is client using same code to receive and send data....they both communicate well successfully back and forth...

but problem is only between pc and mobile....

Another thing i have also tried to make my mobile server and pc as client but in that case when in service search completed method when pc client tries to connect to mobile server which is already successfully in waiting mode the pc throws an exception "java.io.exception : Connection failed"

So i mnot getting the reason why it is happening....

pc server can receive data from mobile client successfully and can slao send data successfully but mobile client doesn't receives or some times receives....

mobile server and mobile client both successfully communicate with each other successfully.......

And mobile server and pc client case mobile server goes into waiting mode but client is not able to connect with server throws and io exception: "Connectionfailed"

So is there any one who has same problem as mine???????

or is there any one who can tell me the reason why it is not receiving data or why connection failed exception is coming?????????

Or is there any one who has done successful communication between pc server and mobile client???????????

if some one is there then plz help me because in my project to transfer data back and forth between mobile and pc is necessary....in any case...

Help from any one would be appreciated greatly..............

Re: Problem In receiving data in mobile client sent from pc server via bluetooth

hi!
    now i m stuck up with new problem...

Now i am able to receive data that's only string in mobile 5300 but there is problem in that...
    It is like when it receives data the mobile client show that it is disconnected automatically from the connection..
    So after that i am not able to send that data to pc server as before i do anything after service search it first promplt me that it is disconnected...
    So i can read the data only once and it shows the exception that"java.io.exception:InputStream is closed"

And after that when try to send that data to pc it shows me exception "Symbian Os error -36" is. disconnected..
    As it is obviouse that it is disconnected as it promplts me first...

But the odd behaviour is here that when i m trying to read int it show that available bytes are 4i.e.for integer data type but it reads 0 instead integer pc has send to monile...So in this case it won't automatically get disconnected...So if i send data to pc the application will lwt me to send as many time as i want...

So the observation of this behaviour is that when mobile receives string it reads it successfully and display it perfectly...and get automatically disconnected ...but when it read any data type except string it show the data in stream while checking with method is.available() according to data type but it doesn't read that data from stream so displaying nothing and in this case it won't get disconnected automatically...so i m able to send data to pc..

Is there any body who has same problem ????
    Is there any body who can help me to sort out my this problem...????

Any help from any one will be appreciated..

Thanks....

Re: Problem In receiving data in mobile client sent from pc server via bluetooth

Hi there,
    I was trying the same thing that you both were doing.
    I had already tried to make a mobile phone to be a client and a server, and the connection went successfully.
    But I need now to know how to connect a PC as a server to a mobile phone which is a client but I couldn't do it
    please if you have the code for this can you send it to me on this e-mail:
    nora_hussain@hotmail.com

help me if you know anything about this connection

hi everyone.
    am doing the same project and am getting same problem i think u people already solved the problem i want ur help can u send the code to my email address please help me . my email id is
    manju23hawk@aol.com