Discussion Board

Angry ATL - The SIS did not contain an application with the same UID as that of SIS.

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck with two problems:

1- A file which i placed during my application installation time @ C:\Data\Installs\ Folder, is not deleted at application uninstall.

2- I have two exe files in my sis. One Launcher and other GUI application. I store a file for autostart ON/OFFprocess at above location. I made my luancher to run on system startup.

Ok - Now let me tell you what I have done?

I used pkg file of my Launcher application, used its UID and its .rsc for startup list manager. And my launcher launched GUI application at system reboot based on settings. Everything was working smooth.

Then I used ATL to be sure for singing. And the problems started then.

"The SIS did not contain an application with the same UID as that of SIS."

Then I Used UID of my GUI application and ATL went fine again. I was happy then. But when i rebooted my phone, my launcher didn't started my application. I tried many ways but i'm still not able to run my application at system reboot.

Please tell me where i'm going wrong? what i've to do?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: ATL - The SIS did not contain an application with the same UID as that of SIS.

1) + 2) If I understand it right you store the autostart settings file in c:\Data\Installs. Strange location for a data file.

I would keep my setting file in launcher's data cage.

ATL seems to contradict Symbian's specifications so its warning message should be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by » Symbian OS v9.1 » Symbian OS Tools And Utilities » Software Installation Toolkit - reference » Package file format » package-header

... All package files require a UID, even if the installed components do not strictly require one. It is used to identify packages when installing, upgrading and removing.
    • The UID value specified in an application's (SISAPP) package header must be unique. It uniquely identifies the SIS file, and is never the same as the application's UID.
    • The package UID is allocated in the same way as an application's 3rd UID, through https://www.symbiansigned.com ...

Re: ATL - The SIS did not contain an application with the same UID as that of SIS.

Thanks for the reply,

actually i wanted some location for file sharing purpose. I used same SID for both exes. but it displayed "unable to install" error message. I wanted to see changes done by GUI at system reboot so that Launcher can decide about application launch.

So kindly tell me where can i store my shared file?

Thank you,

Nokia Developer Moderator

C:\Data is accessible to the user through the "File manager" so your launcher might have the surprise of not finding the settings file if the user decides that he needs to clean-up the garbage.

There are other ways two processes can comunicate, there is no need for them to share a data cage. But this is a bit more complicated so let's skip it ...

Why not store your file in e.g. c:\appname_<UID3>.ini or c:\appname_<UID3>\startup.ini ?

Ok that's great .. Thanks for the suggestion.. But User can also garbage using any SExplorer application. Anyways at least it would not be visible through "File Manager"

Thanks alot for your help again