Discussion Board

Can't find the ordinal number 182 in DLL

Hi mates,

I'm a total newbie in this Symbian world, and I have been rocking my head against the wall during last few days to learn the basics :)

So my mission is to code a program that can browse the file system, and open a JPEG picture out of some specific folder.

I started learning by trying to test the Filenames.cpp, that comes to you with the 3rd Edition SDK. I finally managed to build it, but when I want to run it on the emulator, I get this strangest error message (my own translation from Finnish):

"Can't find the ordinal number 182 in the dynamically linked library MmfControllerFramework.dll"

What on earth could that be from? I get the same error now even with the simplest HelloWorld example, and it's very getting frustrating.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can't find the ordinal number 182 in DLL

Can you please specify which SDK are you currently using ? Is it S60 3rd SDK, S60 3rd SDK MR or S60 3rd SDK FP1? Do you have the "Extensions plug-in for S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, for C++, MR" installed ?

Thanks for rapid answer. I WAS using S60 3rd SDK FP1, it felt like my actions got somehow something corrupted. Anyway, my target device is N73, and now I switched to 60 3rd SDK MR, and I can again run HelloWorld on the emulator. Now I only need to learn how to connect the file server and parse the path names. Basically I know already functions that will help me with it, like:

(RFs fsSession;
    User::LeaveIfError(fsSession.Connect());
    CleanupClosePushL( fsSession );

The problem is, I have no glue where to program it, as there are these four different cpp-files. But if my original problem seems unsolvable, please don't waste your energy on it, as I am doing "well" with the Maintanance Release SDK now.

edit:
    "Do you have the "Extensions plug-in for S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, for C++, MR" installed ?"
    - Oh yes, I had and still have that extension installed. Maybe my original problem was related to the incompatibility between SDK FP1 and the extension?
    Last edited by Zarni; 2007-03-09 at 10:10.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Zarni,

thanks for the info about the SDK/Plugin, it confirms a report we had earlier and now the MmfControllerFramework.dll issue is under investigation.

As for your *.jpg issue I would suggest that you take it step by step and build reusable code units in your *AppUI's HandleCommandL method. The code will be triggered by some menu commands and you will be able to debug that code until you are sure that it is functional. E.g. You can have a piece of code that appends to an array the file system entries from a parent directory, a piece of code that opens and displays a *.jpg file, etc.

Then add a list box and handle its events (like item clicked) to either go deeper in the directory structure (use the directory scan code) or to open the selected file (with the jpg display code).

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Zarni
    Thanks for rapid answer. I WAS using S60 3rd SDK FP1, it felt like my actions got somehow something corrupted. Anyway, my target device is N73, and now I switched to 60 3rd SDK MR, and I can again run HelloWorld on the emulator. Now I only need to learn how to connect the file server and parse the path names. Basically I know already functions that will help me with it, like:

(RFs fsSession;
    User::LeaveIfError(fsSession.Connect());
    CleanupClosePushL( fsSession );

The problem is, I have no glue where to program it, as there are these four different cpp-files. But if my original problem seems unsolvable, please don't waste your energy on it, as I am doing "well" with the Maintanance Release SDK now.

edit:
    "Do you have the "Extensions plug-in for S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, for C++, MR" installed ?"
    - Oh yes, I had and still have that extension installed. Maybe my original problem was related to the incompatibility between SDK FP1 and the extension?
    Hi, I too am fresh to symbian. and I met the exact same problem as yours. I could build project for emulator and device. however, the emulator always report the same error as Zarni described. (Actually, i could get the built sis file installed on my device. just the emulator doesn't work at all. )

Thanks for your suggestion, I'm downloading the MR version now, if i got anymore problem I will post it here.

btw, i'm wondering could this be a problem with the emulator in FP1?

regards,