Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

carbide.c++ udeb ncf bluetooth

hi, has anyone been able to get bluetooth working with carbide 2.0 or 2.1 or 2.2 sdk emulator ?? if yes tell me how to go about it.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: carbide.c++ udeb ncf bluetooth

Carbide has nothing to do with emulator's support for Bluetooth. If the emulator supports Bluettoth you can "use" that feature even if you write your code in Notepad and compile it with the command line tools.

As for whether the emulator supports Bluetooth or not, read the SDK release notes.

Regular Contributor

Re: carbide.c++ udeb ncf bluetooth

i know i can code my app in any edtior or IDE , all i need is a suitable SDK. so, i downloaded the CW sdk 2.1. i started NCF, the SDK was detected. i dragged it into the env, and started the emulator. there were no log messages like i got for WINS SDK. and plus i dont see a "running" text(green color) above the icon as in the case of a WINS SDK. the emulator starts but i cannot change any bluetooth related settings since the emulator freezes when i try to do that. i am not directly calling the emulator from the carbide.c++ IDE because app acts as a server or client based on what menu option the user chooses. so i need 2 instances of the emulator to see how an image is send over to the other side. the urel version of emulator (CW SDK) works properly, its the udeb thats not working(udeb and urel of WIND SDK work properly) and i dont know how to build a udeb ver from carbide.c++ IDE or from the cmd line.