Discussion Board

EXIF Date Picture Taken missing for 6288

Bummer! We just bought 2 nokia 6288 phones and come to find out that the Exif data: Date Picture Taken is not captured. Is there a firmware update or something I can download?

I've had several different digital cameras and they all store the date the picture was taken. This can be very useful since file create/modification date aren't always reliable. I also have some php scripts I use to post my pictures on a web site, and they make use of the Exif date the picture was taken.

The following definition for Exif does say that that the data may include (then the list). Note that the date/time the picture was taken is normally considered the most important element (I think). Anyway, is there some way to get around this??? Any clues appreciated!

EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format. It was developed by the Japanese Electronics Industry Development Association (JEIDA) in an effort to simplify and standardize the exchange of data between imaging devices and software. Exif is a variation of JPEG, used by almost all digital cameras to record extra interchange information to image files as they are taken. The type of information stored in a file varies by camera model, but it can include such things as date and time a photo was taken, resolution, camera settings used for the shot, amount of compression applied, color information, whether or not the flash was fired, shutter speed, name of the camera owner, and so on.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: EXIF Date Picture Taken missing for 6288

Hi,

This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for Nokia products or end user application support. There are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your question there you may get a response. If anyone here knew of an upcoming firmware update they probably couldn't mention it.

I'm sorry we couldn't help but we try to keep a very long distance from Nokia Hardware products.

Ron