Discussion Board

Unhappy Preview 3rd Edition Themes?

Hi guys,

I bought my first Nokia phone recently - the superb N73. Since I always like my gadgets to have an unique look the first thing was to download themes matching my taste. So now my hard drive is stacked with hundreds and thousands of themes. The thing is that I couldn't find ANY software to let me preview these themes before I upload them to my phone. Not even NOKIA's Carbide.ui which pardon me is a great stupidity. I don't want to edit them or extract files, I just want to be able to preview them.

So a simple question. Is it that hard to create such a tool or am I just lame in google?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Preview 3rd Edition Themes?

Haven't seen such a tool, basically all you would need is a tool that extracts the files from the theme sis (which is already available from newlc) combined with possibility to view MIF files (which I haven't seen), so if you can figure out how to view MIF files in your PC, then it shouldn't be that hard.

yucca

Can you tell me the name of this app? Because the ones I found were not compatable with the new 3rd edition sis files and I stopped searching.

But still it'd be pain in the butt to extract, convert, etc. I don't beleive it's that hard for the guys at NOKIA to publish such a tool but can't get the reasons why don't they.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I agree with my predecessor. The same situation. A lot of theme stuff on PC but in the *.sis file. All the programs from Nokia.forum can open theme files only from their own project files. It's embarassing :/ The only app i found which can open the the sis theme files is YAMGui plus v2.0. But it still under development and you have to extract files from sis before previewing it and it is quite poor..

I hope i'm not google lame too :P