Discussion Board

n70 menu text colour

hey

i made a new theme for my mobile and i was wondering if the menu text colour can be changed?, when i made the theme i changed it to green but it stayed black for some reason.

thanks

brad

Regular Contributor

Re: n70 menu text colour

Can you please provide some screenshot? Are you using Carbide.ui 3.1 or Carbide.ui 3.1.1.?

i'm using carbide 3.1 i'll get a screen shot for ya

thanks

brad

[IMG][/IMG]

Regular Contributor

Nice image, but I still do not know which menu do you mean (circling it would be nice on the screenshot or even better to look at the "Properties" view of Carbide.ui and write here the heading of that view to refer the element causing the problem...). If I understand it well your problem is that you can see something else in Carbide.ui and on the phone...

First of all to solve the problem I would advise you to use Carbide.ui 3.1.1 (released at the end of February). It contains some fixes... to the Carbide.ui 3.1.

i installed carbide .ui 3.1.1 and changed the colour of the text to orange but still the same thing happens [IMG][/IMG]

Regular Contributor

pliskan: I don't know if I can help you with your text colour problem, but on your screenshots I can see that you generally chose the wrong settings for a N70 theme (e.g. 240x320 screen resolution instead of 176x208, which is correct for N70). This may cause problems in your theme, e.g. distorted and/or cut-off images.

1. Go to "Create Theme" and choose "Use default Theme based on release: S60 2nd edition FP2". The display resolution will be automatically set to 176x208.
    2. Design your theme just as you're happy with.
    3. When you're finished with your theme, go to "Tools - Create New SIS-Package..." In the popup window, choose "Target platform: s60 Platform 2nd Edition Feature Pack 3" and click "Next". Then click "No signing" and "Finish".

As mentioned, I don't know if this solves your problem, but at least you then have the correct settings for N70.

i will try that
    thanks for the info

brad

thanks le pharao, i did what u told me to do and it worked thanks alot

brad

Regular Contributor

You're welcome.

Hi, im having a slightly variation of this problem, all the elements of my new theme for N70 work Just fine except for the tabs and volume bars (screenshot attached). I made the theme Based on release "BaseGraphics" instead of "S60 2nd Edition FP2" . Maybe by making it based on "S60 2nd Edition FP2" the Tab problem will get solved BUT, here comes the question, I dont want to lose all the hard work and start from scratch (i edited like 80 SVG elements and lots of other properties) what can i do to maybe "convert" this theme project to a "Based on S60 2nd Edition FP2" release without starting over? Or you guys got any Advice on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments