Discussion Board

Editing Application Access in 6126

Hi, i am new to these forums and hope to become part of the Nokia community.

I recently purchased a Nokia 6126 and i love it! i downloaded an application called "Morange" which is a mobile push email, IM and online file storage service. The email portion works flawlessly and the GUI is great, especially on the hi-res screen of the 6126.

My Question is: to download attachments that are in email to my phone i need to be able to set application access to "always allow" for "read user data" and "add and edit data". unfortunately, these options are grayed out for this application, "ask every time" and "not allowed" are the only available options. WHen "ask every time" is selected the application times out the attempted download of the attachment and gives me an error message. There are no internal options for download prefrences in the application itself.
    How can i go about editing this so that i can download email attachments to my memory card/phone memory?
    Thanks in advance!

Super Contributor

Re: Editing Application Access in 6126

This is related to Java ME security policy. The options you mentioned are available for untrusted (unsigned) midlets. In order to have the always allowed available, you need to sign the midlet. Here is a document about signing.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.pdf.html

However, I do not think the time-out is caused by the confirmation. More likely your network settings are incorrect and the download fails. What is the error stated? Does the network connection become active (E or G on top of the screen should be inside a box)?

Hartti

Re: Editing Application Access in 6126

There is an "e" in a box. download settings are correct, im pretty sure you are correct in assuming that it is a signing issue.