Discussion Board

Strong suggestion:Add one green enviroment protection function in Nokia mobilephone

Nokia is the biggest and leading handphone designer and manuafactor.but I feel that one useful and engery-saving optional function in all Nokia handphone is ignored,which is to set a timer to turn-on and turn-off device automatically. I think this function can extend the battery life because I always forgot to power off or power on the device and maybe it is not too diffuclt for Nokia engineers to add it.

I like Nokia handphone, but I always regreted the missed useful function.

Wish this message can be viewed by Nokia engineers and consider to add the optional function in future mobile phone.

Any feedback,welcome contact me with cflguo@gmail.com

Regards

Fenglin

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Strong suggestion:Add one green enviroment protection function in Nokia mobilepho

Interesting concept ... can you elaborate on which part of the mobile phone would you like to power off and how would the phone be able to function (i.e. receive calls) in such a state ?

Re: Strong suggestion:Add one green enviroment protection function in Nokia mobilepho

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta
    Interesting concept ... can you elaborate on which part of the mobile phone would you like to power off and how would the phone be able to function (i.e. receive calls) in such a state ?
    I would like the phone can turn off itself automatically according to owner's setting.For example,it turn off itself at 23:30 at midnight and turn on at 7:00 in morning.Just like user power the handphone off/on manually.The on/off time can be set by user. During the power off, no call will need to be received. Of course, this function is optional for user. This is to say,the owner of handphone might choose to use it or not.

This function should be suitable for many users except users who need to keep the phone online 24 hours pre day.

For me,there is no call after midnight and I often forget to turn it off,which shorten the duration of battery of handphone.
    On the other side, after getting up in the morning, I often forget to turn it on, which cause some call missed.

So I really feel it is useful to provide one function to set handphone to turn on/off automatically.I think this function should be a piece of cake for Nokia engineers.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Have you searched the software markets? It could very well be that such an application already exists for the S60 phones. Or maybe now somebody will see the requirements here and start writing one.

I prefer Nokia to any other third part software to provide the function. Actually it can be embeded into the OS of handphone.

I think this function should not be implemented only on S60 series, but for all other non-intelligent Nokia mobilephone such as 6xxx,5xxx,2xxx,3xxx,1xxx,etc.

In the future, I would like to buy any model of Nokia handphone, which possesses this useful function.

Talking Re: Strong suggestion:Add one green enviroment protection function in Nokia mobilephone

Quote Originally Posted by gfl
    I feel that one useful and engery-saving optional function in all Nokia handphone is ignored,which is to set a timer to turn-on and turn-off device automatically. I think this function can extend the battery life because I always forgot to power off or power on the device and maybe it is not too diffuclt for Nokia engineers to add it.
    I absolutely agree. This would be a very nice feature. Then one could set the phone to turn itself of at for example 10 pm and turn itself on just before the morning alarm I have set goes off. Then I do not need to get disturbing calls and messages in the middle of the night and still be able to use the wakening alarm function.

YES, NOKIA! PLEASE, MAKE A TURN-ON AND TURN OFF FUNCTION!
    Thanks,
    Annelie

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Strong suggestion:Add one green enviroment protection function in Nokia mobilepho

Hello Annelie,
    Quote Originally Posted by annelisa
    ...I do not need to get disturbing calls and messages in the middle of the night and still be able to use the wakening alarm function.
    I don't know whether this feature is going to be implemeted or not. But i would suggest you to turn your phone in so called "Silent" profile mode where you can set different parameters in your profile settings. Nobody will disturb you then while you are in sleeping mode in the middle of the night or whenever you wish to sleep. And of course, your phone alarm will wake you up on desired time.

Kiran.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Strong suggestion:Add one green enviroment protection function in Nokia mobilephone

Hi,

E-mail Nokia at idea@nokia.com This is not the right forum for end user products, only if you want a developer to create this for you.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by gfl
    Nokia is the biggest and leading handphone designer and manuafactor.but I feel that one useful and engery-saving optional function in all Nokia handphone is ignored,which is to set a timer to turn-on and turn-off device automatically. I think this function can extend the battery life because I always forgot to power off or power on the device and maybe it is not too diffuclt for Nokia engineers to add it.

I like Nokia handphone, but I always regreted the missed useful function.

Wish this message can be viewed by Nokia engineers and consider to add the optional function in future mobile phone.

Any feedback,welcome contact me with cflguo@gmail.com

Regards

Fenglin