×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18

    Special characters of UI displayed incorrectly on Nokia 6230i

    Hi,

    I have midlet using non-english (hungarian) text on the user interface. In hungarian we have special characters like: Főmenü (Main menu). The midlet works perfectly on most of the phones, but for example on Nokia 6230i the stringItem "Főmenü" becomes something like: "F@men#".

    My question is: how can i make sure that the textual elements of UI will use the correct character table, and will be displayed correctly?

    The phone's language is set to hungarian and all system texts of menu etc are displayed correctly.

    Thanks!
    Örs

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    307

    Re: Special characters of UI displayed incorrectly on Nokia 6230i

    Try to create string labels for the commands in the following way: String("Főmenü".getBytes(), "UTF-8");

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18

    Smile Re: Special characters of UI displayed incorrectly on Nokia 6230i

    Hi,

    I bit later realized that the problem doesn't occur when displaying, but when I read the strings from the jad file. When reading the jad, unfortunately the encoding cannot be set. Finally I managed to find a workaround. I moved resource strings from the jad file to a separate txt, and use InputStreamReader class to read it, because it has a parameter for encoding (I set it to UTF-8).

    Thx anyway!
    Örs

Similar Threads

  1. Series 60 Concept Emulator (SDK Beta 0.2 Linux) not working
    By mattbee in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2003-06-10, 11:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×