Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question other ways to do CTelephony::EstablishDataCall ? (Thank you for your attention)

Hai, I just want to know different ways to do CTelephony::EstablishDataCall function. Because I developing for Nokia 6680, and there is no CTelephony class in the phone. Thank you very much for your attention!

Super Contributor

Re: other ways to do CTelephony::EstablishDataCall ? (Thank you for your attention)

What do you want to do exactly?
    CTelephony::EstablishDataCall() is no longer supported in S60 3rd FP1 either.

Antony

Regular Contributor

Re: other ways to do CTelephony::EstablishDataCall ? (Thank you for your attention)

Thank you antonypr !
    What I want to do is make a dial call to another phone and send data to that phone. At CTelephony::EstablishDataCall function example, that can be done (it send a string through a port). Well, to put it simplier, I just wanted to know what exactly is CTelephony::EstablishDataCall function doing?
    Thank you again !

Super Contributor

I haven't really tried it on 6680, but we may be able to use RCall and RComm to do that. Here is a link that may be useful, http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=28382

Antony

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much antonypr !
    I've tried that, but I stuck at iCommPort.OpenWhenAvailable(iStatus,iCommServer,iCommPortInfo.iPort). It looks like the port won't open or maybe the port is not available (and it won't be available). Do you know what the problem is?
    Thank you so much!