I came across commerical J2ME game - Bomber at
But it is different from other open source J2me game in ways :
1) Bomber project convert all images to a signle binary file
2) there is a utility called tobin.exe that takes a text file and output a binary file that includes all images / sounds
3) here is a list of binary files for bomber ( sound + image )
- Is there any tutorial on how to use ToBin.exe or other untility that covert images files to a single game data file that reads by J2ME game using InputStream and read byte by byte? it's somewhat confusing.
- I had google more than 8 hours on info in using ToBin.exe with no luck, how it maps image to a single binary file, any tutorial on this?
- it seems all commerical J2ME games read binary data file, instead of open PNG files one by one used by open source non - commerical games.