Discussion Board

Thread: wiki login?

wiki login?

I got an email this morning that informs me that a wiki has been launched (28th, it says, and it's the 28th today).

It has a link on it, but when I click on the link, it asks for a username and password.

What username/password are we supposed to use? Normally, we have to register separately for such things, but there doesn't seem to be an opportunity to do so. I tried the discussion forum username/password, but it didn't work.

What's up?

Max.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: wiki login?

The thing is that there are multiple time zones in the world, and they propably forgot to mention which one is the one, dunno I don't know which mail you are talking about...

Anyway, As an general rule if you have an email saying that it includes confidental information, not sure if this particular mail said so, then you should not discuss to the topics on public forums, unless the information can be found from some other means from public places, thus, you should always check the whole mail to be sure.

yucca

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca
    The thing is that there are multiple time zones in the world, and they propably forgot to mention which one is the one, dunno I don't know which mail you are talking about...
    Pretty silly to send an email before it's ready, no matter what time zone. I'm in China.

Anyway, As an general rule if you have an email saying that it includes confidental information, not sure if this particular mail said so, then you should not discuss to the topics on public forums, unless the information can be found from some other means from public places, thus, you should always check the whole mail to be sure.

yucca
    Sigh.

The email did say it contained confidential information, but that doesn't mean it is all confidential. I did consider not commenting, but it said it launches on March 28th, so I figured it was already public information (since it's already 28th), and it's part of a public forum (ie not Nokia PRO only, according to the email). If it was info on something happening in the future, I would not have mentioned it. The notice at the bottom of the email says 'exclusive' and 'early access' of which it is neither (according to the email).

Quote Originally Posted by davidmaxwaterman
    Pretty silly to send an email before it's ready, no matter what time zone. I'm in China.
    Actually, I guess I'm wrong. It says that it launches on 28th, but not what time on the 28th. I'll wait until tomorrow.

Sorry for jumping the gun, and, more importantly, letting the cat out of the bag. (Not sure why you didn't just delete the thread though - I assume you can do that.)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Nope, I'm here with just normal user capabilities, just normal Champion basically.

yucca