Discussion Board

Importing new modules in pys60?

Hello,

I would like to if it is possible, and if so how to import new modules into pys60. I see an example used here http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/572 where a module was imported. However when I try this I receive an error of no module found. I have downloaded the module and placed in my python scripts directory. I would also like to try pyserial on the s60. I am unsure where to place these files on my device so python can locate them.

Re: Importing new modules in pys60?

Quote Originally Posted by Faultsprofit
    Hello,

I would like to if it is possible, and if so how to import new modules into pys60. I see an example used here http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/572 where a module was imported. However when I try this I receive an error of no module found. I have downloaded the module and placed in my python scripts directory. I would also like to try pyserial on the s60. I am unsure where to place these files on my device so python can locate them.
    Yes you can put new module on pys60 (both python module (.py) and binary module (.pyd) ) on specific folder.

The place where you put put these depends on the S60 edition version.

On 2nd edition (6600 , 6680 etc ) you can put it in the !:\system\libs (c: or e

On 3nd edition(N91,N93,N95 etc.) you can put the python module (*.py) on c:\ressource if you have installed python on c: and e:\ressource if you choose e: for python installation)
    The binary modules can't be directly installed ! You have to pack them in sis files because these module must be installed in !\sys but sys can be visible without enough capabilities (Allfiles)

pyserial has not been converted to pys60 so you can't use it on the device !

Cyke64
    pys60 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, pygame, PyS60 CE on E90 and 5800 !

Find my pys60 extension modules on cyke64.googlepages.com

Re: Importing new modules in pys60?

On Nokia/E72

sys.path.append("c:\\data\\python")

worked for me.