Discussion Board

7190 and Contact Service issue

have a 7190 and when I power the phone on with or without the SIM card it immediately comes up with 'contact service'

Please advise as to how I can remedy this situation. I have a 3390 that I can use my SIM card in, and a 6190 as well, all is fine with both of those phones. The 7190 just stopped working one day for no aparent reason. My provider (VoiceStream/T-Mobile) suggested I contact Nokia directly and seemed unwilling/unable to assist further. Nokia authorized service centers in my area (zip code 60657) both said that they would not touch a 71xx series phone.
    I have a PC and the data cable for the 7190, if you can provide me with the software I need to flash the OS back to the phone (or if that isn't the problem, tell me what I need to do to fix it?)

Thank You

-Joseph

Regular Contributor

RE: 7190 and Contact Service issue

Hi,

There is no software available for this via Forum Nokia, contact service text in most cases appear if the data in phone is corrupted because of unsupported connection or the phone is damaged.

I would also like to know if you have tested any other SIM-cards on the same phone with the contact service notification.

Best regards,

Marko Tuukkanen
    Forum Nokia