Discussion Board

Saving data on internal secure card

Is there any other/better option to save data on internal secure card than with ISO14443Connection?

I have problems with sending commands to secure card over ISO14443 Connection. Is there any example available to see how things should be done correctly(open connection, select?, read/write, close connection)? Examples that are in 6131 SDK are only for exchanging data. There is no example how to save data on secure card/element.

Re: Saving data on internal secure card

Just for storing data you could also use the "com.philips.rf.MifareStdConnection" in order to save data to the Mifare Section of the smartcard.

Acutally the "javax.microedition.contactless.sc.ISO14443Connection" is used to exchange data (APDUS) with Java Card Applictions running on the Javacard in the smartcard.

Is this working on mobile version of java? When I try to compille I get error "packagecom.philips.rf does not exist import com.philips.rf.MifareStdConnection;". I tried in applet and in midlet source(midlet source have included emulator.jar to compile things for secure card).

I just want to save data/ read data with midlet or with applet on mobile to mobile secure element.

please see this thread for details on how to open a connection to the mifare section of the secure element:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=105267

Thanks, I will try with that.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneSI
    Is this working on mobile version of java? When I try to compille I get error "package com.philips.rf does not exist import com.philips.rf.MifareStdConnection;". I tried in applet and in midlet source(midlet source have included emulator.jar to compile things for secure card).

I just want to save data/ read data with midlet or with applet on mobile to mobile secure element.

I think, the right package for MFStandardConnection in Nokia_6131_NFC_SDK_1_0 environment is "com.nokia.nfc.nxp.mfstd".

currently the mifare standard connection is not (yet) implemented on the nokia 6131 (got this information from Nokia). There is only a possibility to use the apduExchange() command to talk to the java card.