Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry org.xml.xas.SAXParseException

Hi Guys,

i have a very annoying problem with carbide.ui! I created a theme for about 6-8hrs and was nearly ready, when carbide crashed for the first time. Lucky me, as i had saved all my work about every 5 minutes so loss should have been minimal. On opening Carbide and the previous theme it now confronts me with a "org.xml.xas.SAXParseException : Attribute "status" must be declared for element type "element"." message.

Since then it was never ever again possible to either open/import/edit that theme! Problem must reside somewhere in the *.tdf-file if i´m not all wrong, but noone would expect me to edit/check all 671 "elements", would you?

So any solutions at hand? Any help would be very much appreciated - seems i´m not the only one having that problem as i already have 3 users with the same issue on my site, but i cannot find anything helpful on the web. And yes - i DID a major research via searchengines..

If anyone needs the project-files to debug/check, please let me know and i´ll upload them at once!

Super Contributor

Re: org.xml.xas.SAXParseException

Was this 3.1 or 3.1.1?

I´m using Carbide.ui 3.1.1. on WinXP Pro SP2

Super Contributor

OK. Firsly, as we indicated, 3.1.1 contains beta code and should be treated as such so I hope that you can bear with us on this one. If you do not absolutely need some of the 3.1.1 features, I would suggest that you back down to 3.1 as there are no error of this kind reported on 3.1.

If you could provide us with the project that caused the havoc, it wuold most likely help our engineers resolve the issue faster.

Hello,
    Extremely sorry for the problem. The mistake was caused during saving to tdf file. For some of the elements, and, my first guess is for animated icons, this could happen.
    If You could sent us the tdf file, it would help us recognize how the problem happened, what sort of actions You should avoid to be sure it will not happen in the future.
    Please, send it also if You want us to fix the tdf file, we will be glad to do it as soon as possible.
    Here is a short explanation of the problem:

The parameter status="xxxxx" is not allowed on level of <element.

First line in example bellow is wrong (please note that it doesnt happen for Media Gallery icons I've just used this as an example).

<element status="actual" id="qgn_menu_mg_2_cxt" name="Media Gallery 2" >

<graphic status="actual" type="still" uniqueid="0">
    <image>

<layer angle="0" colourdepth="c16" entity_x="0" entity_y="0" filename="qgn_menu_mg_2_cxt.svg" image_x="0" image_y="0" ms="WithAspectRatio" name="layer0" status="actual" tile_height="60" tile_width="60"/>

</image>

</graphic>

</element>

If You remove "status="actual"" from the first line (or it could be something else there like "status="draft"", then everything should be OK. Then, save the tdf file and when reopening, hopefully,You should not experience problems.
    Note that attribute status is OK in line with <layer or <graphics and should not be deleted.
    In case of previous example proper content would be:

<element id="qgn_menu_mg_2_cxt" name="Media Gallery 2" >

<graphic status="actual" type="still" uniqueid="0">
    <image>

<layer angle="0" colourdepth="c16" entity_x="0" entity_y="0" filename="qgn_menu_mg_2_cxt.svg" image_x="0" image_y="0" ms="WithAspectRatio" name="layer0" status="actual" tile_height="60" tile_width="60"/>

</image>

</graphic>

</element>

Hope this problem will not turn You away from using Carbide. We will give our best effort to try to make the Carbide.ui image better in next releases.
    Best Regards,

Hi guys!
    I have the same problem here.
    I created the theme with 3.1. Doesn't work anymore with 3.1 and 3.1.1
    The theme is here: http://home.arcor.de/deepflash/effect.zip

I also have another problem with another theme. I created it with 3.1.1, no errors so far and I can export it too, but when installing it on my E61 I receive an error message "theme broken".
    No idea whats wrong here. I tried to select less things when exporting the theme but this didn't solve the problem.
    I was able to install other versions of that theme, but when previewing or activating on the theme, I again received the error message "theme broken".
    This theme is located here: http://home.arcor.de/deepflash/engine.zip

I reinstalled carbide.ui but didn't solve both problems.
    I would be really thankfully for a solution.

If you want, you can have a look at the themes.

Best regards from Germany,
    Matze

mitts and Stojiljko - first of all: thanks for your help, input and for taking care about the problem at all! I know many software companies that sell commercial software and do not even care about sh*t if you submit bugs and/or problems.

honestly - i currently lack the time to check and to debug the theme on my own. but just by reading it, it seems to make sense and _should_ be debuggable on my own the way you suggested. time will tell and i´ll for sure let you know if it works out. just give me some time..

for you to debug and check on your own, i uploaded the file here.

and you may be interested in the fact that the same error also happens when creating themes with carbide 3.1 as another colleague told me

Quote Originally Posted by phanthomas
    i uploaded the file here.
    Hello,
    A nice looking theme. The problem is in tdf in line 3001:
    <element id="S60_2_6%qgn_menu_wml_anim" name="Browser Connecting" status="actual" type="still">

Just remove status="actual" and file can be reopen. Sorry for inconvenience caused.
    Best Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by effect
    Hello,
    It is the same problem as phantomas experienced:
    line 1662:
    <element id="S60_2_6%qgn_menu_wml_anim" name="Browser Connecting" status="actual" type="still"/>

Quote Originally Posted by effect
    This theme is located here: http://home.arcor.de/deepflash/engine.zip
    Sorry, I was not able to download the zip file. Maybe, it is related to this:
    Certificate handling on for E61: the illustrated guide: http://www.e-series.org/archives/192
    If it doesn’t help, maybe this will: phone date/time has to be later than the date of certificate. http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ght=carbide.ui
    Best Regards,

oh sorry, the link is actually the same but there is a capital in the name:
    http://home.arcor.de/deepflash/Engine.zip
    Will try to use another certificate.

Thank you very much for the solution with the Effect Theme, will correct it right now.

I signed the theme Engine with 3 different keys, one generated by myself and two generated by carbide.ui. Didn't work with any of them. Forgot to mention, that phantomas tried it too to export my theme at his machine but didn't work either.
    I fixed the Effect-Theme but there now comes the same error message when selecting the theme on the phone.

It can't be the simple certificate error because of the wrong setting in application manager..
    sounds more like this problem here: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=105602

Will install carbide.ui 3.1 now and see if it still doesnt work there.

***Update***

looks like a wonder but it worked with the 3.1 version and the effect theme...
    will try the other themes too but I guess it will work too with them.
    I recognized that the installation takes longer with the 3.1 exported version than with the 3.1.1 exported version.
    My guess would be, that something is wrong with the exporting progress.

With my new Trance Theme there is a difference of 400kb more of the exported version from 3.1.1 to 3.1.
    Last edited by effect; 2007-04-19 at 23:39.

just wanted to let you know that your hint worked just fine! thanks for the great help.
    final theme is now available in two flavours (dark and a bit lighter) on my symbian-related site www.symbian60.mobi !

Glad i found this thread, hours of hard work to waste other wise. found the status="actual" eventually thanks to notepad lol.

Exclamation Re: org.xml.xas.SAXParseException

please can tou help me??? i've the same problem but i'm not be able to correct it

can you give me your email so i sent you my theme??? please!!

thank you very much

Hi folks, I actually had a similar problem but with a different attribute of the element tag using version 3.1.1

Mine was throwing an error on the bitmapHeight attribute - so I did a search through the theme (opened it as a text file) and it only appeared in one element tag. So I thought i'd remove that attribute (and the accompanying bitmapWidth attribute) from the element tag and see if it started working again.. and presto!

So i'm guessing it's possible to happen with other attributes as well.

Thanks for the tips though, got me looking in the right places.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast