Discussion Board

N95 can not register with IP-PBX

I am trying to setup my N95 (a truly great phone!) with our SIP IP-PBX, and the N95 is not able to register with the IP-PBX. I created a SIP profile and Internet Telephone profile manually (via Tools->Settings) and I have tried several combinations to test my network setup and connection, including the following:

1. The N95 is able to register with Truphone and Gizmo. Both services work correctly, including incoming and outgoing calls.

2. Our SIP IP-PBX works correctly with other SIP endpoints (h/w and s/w based).

3. I have tried our IP-PBX in both a remote mode (across the WAN) and local mode (within the LAN). Neither work.

4. I have tried monitoring the SIP traffic (using Ethereal) to the local IP-PBX server when running in the LAN, and cannot even see the attempted registration requests to the local server. Note that I am able to see HTTP requests from the N95 when connecting to the web server running on the same local server as the IP-PBX.

Many thanks for your help.
    Richard
    LignUp

Re: N95 can not register with IP-PBX

Hi,

I have managed to get my N95 working with the LignUp IP-PBX. The issue was related to the Realm parameter (under both Proxy and Registrar server). This value has to be exactly what the IP-PBX system uses, and it is case sensitive. If the value is incorrect, then the registration fails, however the error message does not provide any clues on what the problem is.

I noticed that some other end points (non-Nokia) do not seem to use this parameter during the registration process, so it is possible to have copied all the registration settings from X-Lite, for example, only to find that the N95 does not register, whilst X-Lite does.

Richard