Discussion Board

SIP settings for nokia N73

Dear all

i am looking for N73 sip setting if any one of you know about it plz help me out and most importantly did any one try on n73 is it working on it.

zahid

Re: SIP settings for nokia N73

as i know N73 didn't support VOIP client appliation or WLAN

Thanks,
    Wesam Elshiekh

Correct! You can add a SIP profile into the N73 but you cannot use SIP (so why can i add a profile??)!

If you install the freeware called "fring" (www.fring.com) you can use SIP on any Symbian 60 device as long as you have GSM, GPRS, UMTS or WLAN. I tried it myself and it works! If i call my local SIP phone number my mobile rings and shows an incoming SIP call - also i can do SIP calls.

My SIP provider is sipgate.de but fring should work with all provider around the world (you only have to enter username, password, proxy-server to get sip working).

The software is kinda weird and not very well but SIP works great. Since the Software does not add features to Symbian itself like Windows Live for Symbian you always have the application running in the background, also you cannot use your contacts to call a SIP-Contant.

I hope Nokia will add SIP support at least for incoming calls, then we still have to pay for calls we made and no provider can argue. An integrated SIP-Client would be the best!

Nokia Developer Expert

at least you could work with the Device management plug-in for SIP. Just teste don N73 and at least Ian find the plug-in from it. Here's couple of wiki links on the stuff i made earlier:

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ement_plug-ins
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ement_Settings

Does anybody know,can I,and how connect via bluetooth to my PC,and can I use wireless internet???
    I think that this "connection" via bluetooth to PC,is calling device management.
    PLZ help.......
    TNX!!!

Nokia Developer Expert

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Develore discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Also you miht want to start your own threads on issue that are not really related to the topic discussed in the existing threads.

nah, we don't want to discuss, we just want the Nokia VoIP-Client installed on our devices! :)

There is no reason not to enable VoIP on N73. A cheaper E-series device has VoIP enabled but not the more expensive, recent and powerful n73 - the decisions nokia made and will make are illogical and confusing!

There are file browsers available which can show and copy the system data (operating system) from the phones ROM. I already browsed my phone with such a software and found many interesting sis and sisx files.
    I have to go to a Nokia Service Point cause of my n73 (again). There i'll try installing the file browser, copying the plugin and installing it on my device. I hope it works!

There is already a VoIP plugin available for the n73 (CiceroPhone made by Cicero Networks) BUT you need to buy more than 250 licenses to get it and there is no provider out there where we could get this software. It's nearly like the nokia voip client but with much more support for technical things.

Can't you, symbianyucca, code us such a client? For sure we would pay for it! :)
    Last edited by bhum; 2008-07-19 at 21:42.