I´m sure that most of the members of this board are fully packed on Symbian but there are some of us that are trying to start programming and even if we have experience in Visual C++ or Borland C++ we find it difficult to pass to Carbide c++.
I found a lot of questions and answers related to recognizers and start on boot on this site but not one is oriented to the beginner developer. mdl files, recognizers, auto start API but not one of them start from the beginning.
So I would ask you and hopefully someone will answer following some guidelines.
[Carbide c++ express, S60 2nd edition 3FP]
1. What type of project do I need to create in order to get a mdl file?
2. What changes must be done to the configuration and configuration files?
3. The code to be inserted, preferably with some explanations, in case changes to it can be made?
4. Do you need to build it in a special way?
5. Once build what do you do with it(add it to your project install it on the device etc)?
6. If it must be incorporated into the app that will be started by it how do we do it?
7. It is necesary to be an exact type of app or the *.app will do?
8. Any special code that must be inserted into the application and where?
or if we wish to use the Start On Boot API:
1. Should we include the ExeStartOnBoot.lib?
2. What else must be included?
3. It works with *.app or it must be an *.exe?
4. If it must be an *.exe how do we create one?
I find it so simple to shoot questions away and I am sure that it´s difficult to answer to them but can someone try? At least that way the people will find the answer and wouldn´t start another start on boot thread.