Discussion Board

key pair mismatch

hi i'm a newbie

iam trying to create a a theme for the n95 i have now figured out that i need to upload a sis file and to create this file i need to create handle key pairs, however when i enter the information i get an error message "Private key certificate and password mismatch"

any idea where i go from here a little lost

Question Re: key pair mismatch

Hello,

I'm a Newbie about theme creation too and I get the same error as goju1.

I just downloaded the Carbide.ui yesterday and tried to follow the steps witin te "getting started" Video. Works fine 'til I try to create a keypair to be able to create a .sis-package. Hereby I also take the same steps as in the video tutorial, but everytime I try to save the keypair with my created certifiacte and keyfile, I get the above mentioned error message "Private key, certificate and password mismatch."

At the video tutorial it just works and creates a keypair, in reality on my computer I get the error message ...

It's really annoying and I don't really know what to do to fix this.

I would really like to create themes for my mobile phone, so plz can anybody help us?

thx alot

Screenshot:

Re: key pair mismatch

Hello,
    Makekeys dialog enables reusing existing Private Key file when generating new keys. Then, the password entered should match with already exising private key password.
    If You want to create new private and public file, specifying non existing filename in MakeKeys dialog, Private Key file box works with new password.
    Hope this helps,
    Best regards,

Question Re: key pair mismatch

Thx Stojiljko for your reply,

but unfortunately I didn't get any further (sometimes I think I am a bit too stupid for some of those simple things...)...

I think I'll give a little further explanation what I do and which result I get...

This are the steps I tried (and which are the one that seem to be logical to me ;-) ):
    1. Open carbide.ui
    2. Open my Theme (with just the background and the color of two of the softkeys exchanged for a first try)
    3. Open key pairs dialog via "Tools" -> "Handle Key Pairs..."
    4. Trying to create new keypair with button "New"
    5. Give a keypair a name (e.g. / mostly MyKeyPair)
    6a. Create new keys with button "Make Keys"
    6b. Enter Information (Common Name, Country, EMail)
    6c. Specifiy non-existing keyfile and certfile
    6d. Set Password and verify
    6e. Create files with button "Generate"
    7. files & password are automatically specified
    8. Trying to save key pair
    9. Result is the above mentioned error message...

Now the steps I varied:
    I.) @6b. Insert all Information (means additional to above mentioned the "Organization" and "Organization unit") => error message

II.) @6b. Leave email information blank (means enter just "Common Name" and "Country") => error message

III.) @6c. Set files to existing key and certfile (which have been created via this dialog before) and confirm overwrite => error message

IV.) @6d. leave password blank => error message

V.) Combination of II.) and IV.) => error message

VI.) ... other combinations => error message

I cannot believe that it could have something to do with the information I am entering in the dialog. In fact before installing carbide.ui I had no pgp or anything else which needed keyfiles or certificates so the make keyfiles dialog of carbide.ui is the first thing creating these files on my computer... perhaps that is an information that could help (means that I perhaps have to sign my keys??? )...

I really don't know what else to do and I am really confused, and unfortunately I didn't find much information on internet (googling "carbide keypair mismatch" gives not that much of results :-( ), so my hopes lie within this forum ;-)

thx alot
    Last edited by powerloop; 2007-05-02 at 22:58.

Addendum:

Meanwhile I had to reinstall my windows on my laptop. Thus I installed carbide.ui on a fresh installed windows... and I got the same error again...

Really hoping someone knows a way out of this... because slightly I'm going really mad..

thx

Lightbulb Re: key pair mismatch

got the same prblem here , and seems that no one has the answer !!!!!!

I think this is the same problem I had when I started messing about with it, I'm sure I just deleted the certificates it had created, I had saved them on my desktop, don't know the default place.

Nokia developers, my creative spirit went away... i already got all kind of errors in carbide... where are the answers? it's 2012... i got the same error message, i'm completely lost! will somebody help me or i need to leave it up?

delete older keypairs & recreate them again. the default location of keypairs in Windows7 is user profile.