Discussion Board

Thread: General Doubts

General Doubts

Hi,

I have just started to develop with Nokia 3220, and i need to clarify some conceps.

1.- Nokia 3220 have a Secure Chip, NFC Reader and Writer. do it have an integrated tag? or if i need that the movile act as a tag i´ll have to emulate it? (as in TitleManager Example)
    2.- Finally, Is not posible upload applets in Secure Chip throught usb cable, only is posible using contacless reader. is it posible upload a Midlet using this contacless reader?

I need a easy way to upload a Midlet and a applet to the terminals using a ticket office for example.

3.- JCOP Tools for Eclipse, is a sofware requeriment in Secure Chip SDK Programmer's Guide.pdf, i have following all the steps but the serial number will be sent via International Courier, and i´m waiting for it,...

is there some way of adquire this serial numbers? or other sofware to replace JCOP?

Thanks in advance, i know that are very simple questions (some can be no sense questions) but i´m starting in NFC and i haven´t the concepts very clears,...

Re: General Doubts

1.- Nokia 3220 have a Secure Chip, NFC Reader and Writer. do it have an integrated tag? or if i need that the movile act as a tag i´ll have to emulate it? (as in TitleManager Example)
    Yes Nokia 3220 has a secure chip and a NFC Interface. It does not have an integrated tag, neither it can read a tag. I don't know if i can emulate a Tag. Nokia 6131 has a read tag feature.

2.- Finally, Is not posible upload applets in Secure Chip throught usb cable, only is posible using contacless reader. is it posible upload a Midlet using this contacless reader?
    You have to understand that there are 2 "world" cohabiting on the 3220/6131: the mobile world, running by the mobile OS (j2me), and the secure chip "world"runing by the secure chip OS (Java Card). You can download midlet to the mobile with the USB cable or by GPRS, and you can download Applet to secure chip by contactless reader.
    Now Midlet can connect to secure chip using jsr257 API (but for 3220 i believe that have to use a nokia proprietary API) , and then communicate with the Secure Chip and the Applet.

I need a easy way to upload a Midlet and a applet to the terminals using a ticket office for example.
    what is a ticket office ?

3.- JCOP Tools for Eclipse, is a sofware requeriment in Secure Chip SDK Programmer's Guide.pdf, i have following all the steps but the serial number will be sent via International Courier, and i´m waiting for it,...
    you can also develop your own loader, have a look at Global Platform spec (http://www.globalplatform.org/) to understand how identification and applet loading have to be done, and then just code it

Lionel

Re: General Doubts

Quote Originally Posted by lionel.jive

what is a ticket office ?
    What i want to say is that my (future) application would have a midlet and a applet, and i need a easy way to load it. For example in the ticket office of a bus company.

Quote Originally Posted by lionel.jive

you can also develop your own loader, have a look at Global Platform spec (http://www.globalplatform.org/) to understand how identification and applet loading have to be done, and then just code it

Lionel
    Ugh,... well i don´t undertand the problems to activate JCTools sofware.

Thans for your answers!

Exclamation Re: General Doubts

Alex.r... do you have the document "Secure Chip SDK Programmer's Guide"?

you know, I've been searching for it a couple of hours and can't find it... could you please, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease send it over to csepulveda @ desamd.cl? thanks a lot in advance.