×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    64

    carbide.vs with Visual Studio .NET 2005

    Hello,

    carbide.vs is for Visual Studio .NET 2003 but does it also work with Visual Studio .NET 2005?

    What else do I need, just a S60 SDK, preferably a 3rd Edition SDK, right?
    Where are the ARM ABI compilers contained?

    Is it possible to keep several SDKs simultaneously ( for older Symbian Editions, too ) ?

    Does anybody here have experience with developing with Visual Studio? I just remember using using one of the first SDKs with Visual Studio 6 which was tedious and frustrating to setup and use, the emulators weren't very useful, too. Have these things changed?

    I hope somebody here can help me with these questions and thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,345

    Smile Re: carbide.vs with Visual Studio .NET 2005

    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by victorh81
    Hello,
    carbide.vs is for Visual Studio .NET 2003 but does it also work with Visual Studio .NET 2005?
    No. It supports .NET 2003 only.

    Quote Originally Posted by victorh81
    What else do I need, just a S60 SDK, preferably a 3rd Edition SDK, right?
    Where are the ARM ABI compilers contained?
    SDK depends on the targetted devices. And you need to have Active Perl, JRE etc...
    Refer ot this wiki page: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...on_Development

    Quote Originally Posted by victorh81
    Is it possible to keep several SDKs simultaneously ( for older Symbian Editions, too ) ?
    Of course, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by victorh81
    Does anybody here have experience with developing with Visual Studio? I just remember using using one of the first SDKs with Visual Studio 6 which was tedious and frustrating to setup and use, the emulators weren't very useful, too. Have these things changed?
    I have been working flawlessly with Visual Studio 6.0 and right now with .NET 2003 IDE. I have not faced any problem so far.

    Kiran.

Similar Threads

  1. Carbide.vs 2.0.1 + Visual Studio 2005
    By galos1 in forum Carbide.c++ IDE and plug-ins (Closed)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2010-04-07, 03:23
  2. Carbide.vs 2.0.1 + Visual Studio 2005
    By galos1 in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2008-11-10, 13:31
  3. Visual Studio .net 2005
    By devl8tly in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-06-09, 09:53
  4. S60 + Visual Studio .Net 2003 Link error, but command line fine
    By redmeat in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-12-22, 10:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×