Discussion Board

Hybrid View

6131, Tag reading and Permissions

Hello,

i'm getting confused with the signed permission needed to access some specific phone service.

My main problem is how to know which permission to set for which access.

I intend to do simple tag reading and i get a "Security java/lang/SecurityException Permission Denied" although i sign the Midlet with permission set to javax.microedition.io.Connector.rf.

Should i use an other permission ?

Thanks,
    Lionel

Regular Contributor

Re: 6131, Tag reading and Permissions

In the current version of the phone, you don't need to set any permissions to read a tag. Even more, you only need to sign the MIDlet if you are trying to get an internal connection to the secure element.

Could you please let me know what version of the phone you are using? Have you also tried the same code on the emulator?
    Raluca Cindrea
    Helsinki, Finland
    www.nokia.com/nfc

hello,
    thanks for your answer.
    I'm using Nokia 6131 V03.10 (23/01/07).
    i'm using ServiceDiscovery so i guess i need to sign the midlet with javax.microedition.contactless.DiscoveryManager permission, then if i read a NDEFTag, midlet has to be signed with javax.microedition.io.Connector.ndef permission. I get a security exception if i don't set those permissions.

I fact i just need to read the Tag ID but i don't know how to do this as i saw on the wiki that the phone doesn't support SimpleTagConnection and MifareStandardConnection ? Is that true ? in that case haw can i do?

your help is greatly appreciated,
    Lionel

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lionel.jive

I fact i just need to read the Tag ID but i don't know how to do this as i saw on the wiki that the phone doesn't support SimpleTagConnection and MifareStandardConnection ? Is that true ? in that case haw can i do?
    If you only want to get the tag's UID, you can use the TargetProperties getUID() method - so you actually don't even need to get a connection to the tag.

About the SimpleTagConnection and MifareStandardConnection - any new information we have related to these will be posted on the Wiki NFC page.

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...dConnection.3F

I hope this helps.
    Raluca Cindrea
    Helsinki, Finland
    www.nokia.com/nfc