Discussion Board

Thread: symbian signed

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

symbian signed

hello all,

I'm an indiviual developer and don't have a company to pay for getting developer ID and siging fees. Will my self-signed applications work on the S60 3rd edition? Do all application need to symbian-signed to get installed on my phone? How can I test my application on my phone (after using the emulator)?

In other hand, I have some applications that I use for me only on my phone, do I need to sign them to work? (application for my self only).

thanx for any help.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: symbian signed

Hello froten,
    Quote Originally Posted by froten
    hello all,

I'm an indiviual developer and don't have a company to pay for getting developer ID and siging fees. Will my self-signed applications work on the S60 3rd edition? Do all application need to symbian-signed to get installed on my phone? How can I test my application on my phone (after using the emulator)?

In other hand, I have some applications that I use for me only on my phone, do I need to sign them to work? (application for my self only).

thanx for any help.
    If you do not require capabilities beyond available capabilities with self-sign certificate, then you don't need to have it symbian signed. You can use Self-sign application in this case.
    But if your application needs more capabilities other than Self-sign, you have to go for Symbian Signed.

If you want to test application with extended capabilities then you can use Developer Certificate. It lasts for 6 months.

Locate "General Information about Symbian OS Platform Security" under "Platform Security FAQ" in the SDK help. You would find more comprehensive answers to your doubts.

Refer to the following link for developer certificate stuffs:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=94973

Kiran.
    Last edited by kiran10182; 2007-04-20 at 17:11.