Discussion Board

RE: WAP Browser Cookies

Now I have the same problem. I've been trying to pinpout exactly what happens, but so far in vain. What I have seen is that some cookies work while other won't. I don't see a pattern in it, maybe that if there are 2 or more "Set-Cookie:"s in the header it will more often fail. Too bad it seems there is no solution to this strange behavior.

WAP Browser Cookies

I've installed the new toolkit (ver 3.1), but I'm having trouble with the cookies. I enabled the cookies, but it does not seem to work (the cookie list stays empty even though I'm trying to connect to a site that uses cookies). Ver 3.0 worked 100% for this particular site, but now I can't access it to look at the settings. Please help.

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. I am connecting to a site which
    uses cookies and a redirect in a single response. The cookie is used for authentication, and the redirect sends you to authenticated part of the site.

This worked fine in the 3.0 version of the toolkit, and now does not work at all.

Is there a solution for this?

Hi

It's our internal development site. The live site is: http://www.vodacom4me.co.za/servlet/homepage. The cookie info are definetely send to the toolkit, on the header information in the toolkit, I see the cookie information, but as I said, I don't see the cookie info in the cookie tab.

We are also having problems with cookies as described in this email thread. Our application has worked 100% over several releases when testing with Toolkit 3.0, but now fails with 3.1 as the server cannot keep track of the session id in between requests. I have tried this with both a Tomcat 4.0.6 web server and a Jetty 4.1 server.

Obviously I have cookies enabled in the Toolkit settings.

I have also noticed that changing the Accept-Language field for the request header does not seem to have any effect, even after restarting the Toolkit. Is this a pointer to some problem with the browser? If so, how can one directly check the browser settings, also are there any other browsers one can use?

Regards,
    Mike Manning
    Cisco Systems Inc.

Thanks goodness I've stumbled upon this thread. I've been going crazy trying to figure out why my site doesn't work with the Nokia simulator. It works great with the actual phones and the Openwave simulator but I am seeing this exact behaviour with the Nokia simulator. In addition I am seeing the 8390 simulator giving Dr. Watsons which I believe to be associated with header informaiton because the same WML when plugged into a file directly and browsed works fine.

If there is a private e-mail communication going on with this subject, would you please add me to the list. I neeeeeedddd this
    to work.

Thanks much!
    Mary

Regular Contributor

The Toolkit 3.1 "User's Guide" (page 66, 2nd bullet from top) describes how to enable "cookies" to be displayed on "Cookies" tab window.

To allow this, the "Enable cookies" option must be must enabled.
    This option is located at:

Settings/Device Settings/Cookies

Please make sure this option is checked.

Thanks,

Joe
    Toolkit Team

I'm seeing the same behaviour with a site that works fine with a real T68. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround for this problem?

Thanks,
    Laura