Discussion Board

createsis using developer certificate problem

Hi guys,

Im trying to create and sign a sis using the developer certificate. The documentation is great in telling you how to get a developer certificate from symbian signed. all works well, a private ket and cer file are created. i then call createsis from the commandline and get the follow output.

C:\Coding\ui\sis>createsis create -key private.key -cert certreq.cer -pass notgivingthisaway ditto.pkg
    Processing ditto.pkg...
    Created ditto-tmp.SIS
    Signing ditto-tmp.SIS with certreq.cer and private.key -> ditto.SIS
    error:06078081:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_DSA:expecting a dsa keyer
    ror:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tagencryption error, C
    annot load private.key
    ERROR! Failed at signsis -cd -s "ditto-tmp.SIS" "ditto.SIS" "certreq.cer" "priva
    te.key" notgivingthisaway

Any ideas?

The documentation just says use the developer certificate to sign the sis. but it aint working!

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: createsis using developer certificate problem

Hi,

Once you have aquired Developer Certificate, you just need do something like: For e.g:

makesis ReadIMEI.pkg
    then it will generate desired .Sis file. Finally you need to sign it like:
    signsis ReadIMEI.Sis ReadIMEI.Sisx C:\Kiran\3rd\e61.Cer C:\Kiran\3rd\e61.key kiran
    NB: Bold words are certificate, key and password respectively in my case.
    NB: I assume that you have downloaded your developer certificate from www.symbiansigned.com under your account.

Kiran.
    Last edited by kiran10182; 2007-04-24 at 12:33.

Re: createsis using developer certificate problem

Thanks Kiran,

You are my new best friend. It all works now!

For others, here is what I did.

After getting a developer certificate from symbian signed, I was getting an error using createsis from the command line.

I solved this by calling
    makesis mysis.sis

then
    signsis mysis.Sis mysis.Sisx C:\Coding\ui\sis\certreq.Cer C:\Co
    ding\ui\sis\private.key mypassword

Where the password and private were generated by using the Symbian Developer Certificate Request program from Symbian sighned.

Thanks again!

i have this problem it gives me a error
    error:0906A068:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad password readerror:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tagencryption error

when i did signsis i have created the sis file from pkg and also created keys using sssss as password but still giving the same error can u guys help me

this is happening even when i'm signsis with an hello world application

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: createsis using developer certificate problem

HI,
    Quote Originally Posted by ee02b022
    i have this problem it gives me a error
    error:0906A068:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad password readerror:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tagencryption error

when i did signsis i have created the sis file from pkg and also created keys using sssss as password but still giving the same error can u guys help me

this is happening even when i'm signsis with an hello world application
    I have provided a working example for self-signing the application:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...22&postcount=8

If you are messing up with developer certificate then follow the same thread:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...15&postcount=2

Kiran.

Hi all,
    I have a sis file which is unsigned now i want to sign that file using developer cetificate.

I am using "makekeys -cert -password madhu -len 1024 -dname "CN=Madhu Kishore OU=... OR=... CO=.. EM=..." DchocKey.key DchocCert.cer" command to generate cert and key file.With this i am able to generate files properly.

My problem is if i try to sign my sis file with command "signsis z8+demo_AntixBoth-1001.22002_gcce.Sis z8+demo_AntixBoth-1001.22002_gcce.Sisx DchocKey.key DchocCert.cer madhu" it is throwing following output.

"encryption error, Cannot read DchocKey.key.".

Thanks in advance.
    MadhuK

Nokia Developer Moderator

You have messed up the order of the parameters in your call. It should be

Code:
    signsis unsigned.sis signed.sis first.cer then.key password
    Reopening a more than one year old thread is also bad practice. If there is nothing to learn from it then let it be and open a new one, but only one. It's free!
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Unhappy please i want to have developer certificate

Hi Please can you help me getting developer certificate for my nokia n 95 i tried signsymbian but they dont except my email address.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: please i want to have developer certificate

Quote Originally Posted by GSM_MIND View Post
    Hi Please can you help me getting developer certificate for my nokia n 95 i tried signsymbian but they dont except my email address.
    First let me quote myself:

Reopening a more than one year old thread is also bad practice. If there is nothing to learn from it then let it be and open a new one, but only one. It's free!
    Now, to answer your questions: you cannot obtain a developer certificate even if you are a developer, you need a Published ID for that. This implies that you work for or own a company and most probably have an "acceptable" email address.

Then again, presuming that you are a developer, you should analyze your application design and determine whether you can modify it so that it achieves largely the same objectives but with fewer capabilities. The target should be that you can release your application self-signed.

If however you are an end-user who just wants to sign a downloaded application in order to install it on its own phone then the answer is: you are not supposed to do that. Contact the application developer and ask him to provide you a properly signed release version of the application.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2009-03-04 at 08:42. Reason: Typos
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

Also note that you can use OpenSigned Online if you do not own Publisher ID and want to test your application in development phase. Read complete information on the previous link before using it.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team