Discussion Board

Smile " Add/ Replace Mask" ... please...

Hello,

in the old version of carbides could one "Add/Replace Mask" would raise.
    This does not go in the new version unfortunately anymore. I found this variant always very much good. It would be beautiful if that was available again in the soon new version.

To thanks in advance

Re: " Add/ Replace Mask" ... please...

Hello,
    Thank You for the post.
    To cover the functionality we have the Edit Mask and Edit Mask in 3rd party editor enabled. Somehow, obviously wrongly, we assumed that it is enough for setting the mask.
    To replace mask You could just drag'n'drop image from windows explorer over mask in layers view or edit it in bitmap editor.
    Add mask is not supported as by default an empty mask is instantiated if the element supports mask. While element is in bitmap mode, mask can be edited, but not deleted.
    Could You, please, help us to solve the problem: what is the way You were using the functionality; to replace or to add mask?
    Thank You and Best Regards,

Re: " Add/ Replace Mask" ... please...

Hi, I'm using a layered image to work on my theme. What i need is to take parts of it and paste them into elements of my theme (for example, replace the blue stripe in the default theme by someting transparent but with a visible border.

To do this, I hide all layers of my image except my stripe, copy the stripe to clipboard. I then use the "Convert and edit in bitmap editor" function of Carbide, then paste my stripe into the image that appeared in my editor.

Problem is the stripe appears correctly in my theme, but the transparent parts are black. What I need there is to be able to add a mask to my image in Carbide, create a mask in my bitmap editor and paste it into my newly created mask.

Edit a mask is easy if it already exists, but adding a mask seems impossible...

Smile Re: " Add/ Replace Mask" ... please...

Quote Originally Posted by Stojiljko
    Hello,
    Thank You for the post.
    To cover the functionality we have the Edit Mask and Edit Mask in 3rd party editor enabled. Somehow, obviously wrongly, we assumed that it is enough for setting the mask.
    To replace mask You could just drag'n'drop image from windows explorer over mask in layers view or edit it in bitmap editor.
    Add mask is not supported as by default an empty mask is instantiated if the element supports mask. While element is in bitmap mode, mask can be edited, but not deleted.
    Could You, please, help us to solve the problem: what is the way You were using the functionality; to replace or to add mask?
    Thank You and Best Regards,

A folder, where one can select the Mask (Black/white), must open for itself.
    Hopes, that it goes at a soon new version again. To thanks.

Smile Re: " Add/ Replace Mask" ... please...

It would be beautiful if this option went in the version 3.2:

Add/ Replace Mask

Thanks