Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Debugging on 3rd SDK

I really want to get debugging to work. I uninstalled SDK's, Carbide.j and Eclipse and then reinstalled them all. I made a quick midlet and tried the debugging with it. And it works. Great.

I then imported my large project and tried debugging that. Doesn't work :/ It stops at "Create Jar File" and the error is:

"Jar file could not be initialized. Caught Exception:
    java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: audio.png
    "

audio.png is a resource file in /res and I cannot understand how it could be there as a duplicate entry. Can anyone help me to get this debugging working please? It's driving me crazy.

EDIT: I noticed the same happens if I try to "run" this project on emulator. I usually go to Carbide's own Emulate icon and launch it pointing to the projects jad and it runs smoothly. But running from the menu causes the same duplicate entry -error. Please help!
    ---
    Java 1.4.2 (tried Java 5 as well)
    Eclipse 3.12
    Carbide.j 1.5
    Nokia 3rd SDK
    Last edited by pillar; 2007-04-25 at 13:46.

Regular Contributor

Re: Debugging on 3rd SDK

Since no one has been able to shed any light on this issue, I tried to solve it myself. I removed audio.png from the project. The result was that the launcher then gave the same error on the next resource .png -file. I removed all my resource files and after that it no more gave me that error. Now it is giving me some bind error, which I think is just because I have tried so many times that it has somehow gotten stuck. I most likely just have to restart to fix it.

So, my main question is now: Has someone been able to debug a project with some resource files? If so, can you please tell me how you did it? Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Another update: I restarted and got it working without having any resource images in the project. But if I add even one, it will not start debugging.

It also had an issue with receiving key-value pairs from jad, but I guess that is understandable and I just gave those a static value for the debugging.

But still, it would be REALLY USEFUL to be able to debug with having image files in the project. Help, please?

ps. The positive thing is that now the on device debugging is working for me as well. As long as normal debugging is working. Nice!

Regular Contributor

I found the solution. If someone ever has the same problem, this is what was causing the problem: I had /res folder marked in the project properies as a source folder. I removed it from the source folder list and it started working!