Discussion Board

Threaded View

Cool THEMES??? Any way to turn off?

Hi folks,

I trust this is the correct place to post this. If not, feel free to kick me to the curb. I just bought a new 2160 device. To net it out, I am somewhat visually challanged. I am a sales rep for IBM in the US and I am always on business travel. Not sure who came up with the idea of themes, may be a good one, but causes me pain. The last two (2) Nokia phones I have bought both have themes that cannot be 'turned off'. I am out on the road and in the sun alot. It is almost impossible to read the screen with a theme. So, I called Nokia customer support, and got "gee, great idea, but we are sorry, we can't help you". So I replied back that I cannot be the only one who is visually challanged and said, since you do not want to offer me a software option to turn off themes, how about building a high resolution black & white 'blank' theme with no picures or graphic's. Guess what the answer was this time? "gee, great idea, but we are sorry, we can't help you".

So, I think there are a lot of people in the world who could benefit from such a theme or phone for visually impared people. Just not getting any traction with the customer support folks. I downloaded the s40 SDK for themes, but not sure I am smart enough to use it. For true Nokia development staff, this has got to be like a 5 minute entry level project. Can anyone help a bifocal-ready guy? What I am looking for is a sharp display sort of like the new small Blackberry's have.

Also seems like the light goes off very quickly, any way to keep the back light on longer?

I'm even willing to pay for it...

Thanks,
    Tom
    twhughes@verizon.net
    Last edited by Tom_Boy; 2007-04-26 at 00:24.