Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Capabilities needed for RTP and Audio policy server (APS) APIs

HI,
    Can anyone tells me what are the capabilities needed in order to use rtp.lib and APSSession2.lib? Currently I am using the following capabilities and still when try to launch the application, it shows that" Unable to execute files for security reasons"

CAPABILITY NetworkServices LocalServices Location ReadUserData \
    WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData SwEvent ProtServ UserEnvironment

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Capabilities needed for RTP and Audio policy server (APS) APIs

The capability required for the Audio Proxy Server is documented in component's release notes.

RTP can be tested in emulator and the missing capability is reported in %TEMP%\epocwind.out

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    I remove APS api from my application and leaves only rtp api. So I run it on emulator and my application is launched successfully without any platform security error in epocwind.out file. But when it is run on the phone, the application can't be launched at all. The strange thing is that if i include the rtp library in mmp file but did not make any rtp function call in my application, the application can be launched. But once i add a rtp function call (OpenL()), the application won't launch in target phone. So how would I know what capabitlity is using since it is working fine in emulator but not in target.

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Can you specify the device and firmware version on which are you testing the application and what kind of error message do you get?

Regular Contributor

I am testing it on E61 and the firmware version is: 2.0618.06.05 and no error message is shown at all, I click on the application and nothing happens. I am able to get APS running on the phone. However I am still having problem with CRtpAPI. Whenever I use a function from CRtpAPI and try to run the application on the phone, I can't evern open the application and no error note pops up. So I think the reason is there is a capability mismatch. Can anyone tell me what are the capabilities needed for CRtpAPI.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Ok, finally was able to figure out that RRtpSession is the one that having problem and it is because this library is not available in 3rd edition release 9.1. CRtpAPI is the one that should be used but I am having problem with the StartSession() function, it is returning a KErrNotReady error. Have anyone used this api before and can you give me a hint why am I getting this error?

Thanks!

I am also getting same problem.

What did u get it to solve KErrNotReady?