Discussion Board

6131 NFC emulated card keys A and B

I am trying to read data from emulated MIFARE 4k tag in 6131 NFC phone.
    Is anybody knows key A and key B to do it. I've tried FFFFFFFF but it doesn't work.

Re: 6131 NFC emulated card keys A and B

In prototype phones keys was A0A1A3A4A5 and D3F7D3D3F7. It's looks like they are different now. Any ideas about keys values. Will they differ in the future?

Regular Contributor

Are you sure, you have an authentication problem not a connection?

I am trying to read Nokia 6131 internal MIFARE 4k tag with external reader. Previously with prototype Nokia 6131 it wasn't any problems I could read and write data to internal tag, but with production phones I can't.

Regular Contributor

We had a discussion on this group about the access internal secure card. You could look at the track and maybe find an answer for your issue !

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=105267

Please give a feedback. I will get my phone maybe next week and don't know which firmware versions exist.

Like guy from Nokia said:

"Also, due to a bug on the phone software side, using the MiFare Standard connection on the phone is currently not working – this will be fixed on the phone side during next software updates."

So I can't test getting connection to internal 4k tag in MIDlet either. The software update is still not available as far as I know.

Is anybody knows answer still? It's quite important qustion for developers. Please join disscussion, we all waiting some comments from Nokia.

I am also tryinig to read the emulated Mifare 4k of my 6131 with an external reader, I tried the key FFFFFFFF and 00000000 but they don't work. I also have problems with the nokia 3220 + NFC Shell because, although nokia sent us a fax with the keys, we can't read the emulated Mifare with them using our external reader. We need help and we have sent a lot of mails to our contact in nokia with no response.

Is there a solution already? I have software version 3.12 in the phone but i can't access the mifare sectors with the default transport keys.

I tried reading internal tag with external Mifare reader, but without success. I used A0...A5 (MAD keys), NDEF keys, zeroes and FFs, tried various sectors, but no luck so far. I can't even create MAD on it using my code or SDK example - I always get "Write error".
    I'm using 6131 NFC with software version 5.11. In emulator, writing to internal tag works fine, but not on real phone. Any ideas what could be wrong?

just to be sure, you have unlocked the phones secure element?

cfr. the FAQ http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...131_NFC_-_FAQs

How do we develop secure applications in the future, when all phones will have a different set of keys?

Each secure element - no matter where it is located: in the phone, on the SIM card, on an SD card - has an unique Serial Number. Each of the Secure Elements in Nokia 6131 NFC do have its own, chip specific ISD (Issuer Security Domain) keys.

What you need is the ISD key of the secure element. This key allows full access to the SE, and therefore it must be kept secret at all times. This allows e.g. a credit card application to be installed on the secure element so that nobody can gain unauthorized access to it - or worse yet, replace it with their own version.

There will be a service available, which builds a connection between the Secure Element and a back end server. The Server initiated calculates the Chip specific ISD keys and establish a Secure Channel Protocol between the SE and the back end. Through this channel, the server inserts new keys to the SE. The new keys in unlocking the SE are made available for the individual developer.

Once you unlock your SE, the chain of trust is broken, and your SE will NOT BE TRUSTED any more. Not ever. You can no longer install e.g. a real credit card application on it. You can do the unlocking on a virgin phone, but once you've installed a secure application on the SE, the unlocking is not allowed any more.

There will be a service which will allow you to unlock your SE for development work.

Quote Originally Posted by tfroidcoeur View Post
    just to be sure, you have unlocked the phones secure element?
    No, I didn't.
    I'm probably a bit confused - does this lock include internal Mifare card? I thought it was "ordinary" Mifare 4k card (with some transport configuration) for developers to use. I just want(ed) to save some data to it, in the same way the phone itself saves them to any other (external) card.

Hi,

both the javacard keys and the mifare keys are "random" for commercial phones. After unlocking they become the default developer keys (FFFFFFFFFFFF for the mifare emulation).

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tfroidcoeur View Post
    Hi,

both the javacard keys and the mifare keys are "random" for commercial phones. After unlocking they become the default developer keys (FFFFFFFFFFFF for the mifare emulation).
    Tim
    Thanks for your help and clarification. But, how is it then possible to develop general applications that use the internal Mifare tag?
    In FAQ, there's something about "ISD keys", individual unlocking and not trusting the tag any more, which sounds scary and I don't understand a reason to block access to internal tag. I've developed applications that use Mifare cards before and I supposed that internal tag in the phone is the same thing, just intergrated inside and easily accessible from the phone itself.

OK, I've read some more and the internal tag really is locked with private keys (although I don't exactly know why). How is access to it supposed to work? I didn't quite understand that part of FAQ.