Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Reading SMS in Port 50000 Nokia 6275 CDMA

Hi all
    I have developed an application to send and read SMS in port number. I have used Port("50000"). I have tested in GSM phones, its working well while SMS arrives in that port number. But while testing in CDMA Nokia 6275, its not receiving any SMS via that port. Kindly explain me whether there is anyother way to SEND SMS to CDMA mobiles via a port number. The Service provider for CDMA is Reliance in India.
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Super Contributor

Re: Reading SMS in Port 50000 Nokia 6275 CDMA

Have you tried sending SMS to the default Inbox(with out specifying port number)? Does it work? Also give a try changing the port number to 16550 or so..

Regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor

Sending SMS without port number is working well, its moving to inbox, but with port number, its not reading in the port.
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Super Contributor

Have you tried using a different port number as I mentioned in the previous post ?

Regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor

Hi Gopal,

I have tried with the ports u have mentioned, but its not reading, i shall explain the situation once again,

While Sending SMS from GSM A to other GSM B, i have added port 16550 to send from A to B. In GSM B its receiving in the port and showing in the application

But while Sending SMS from GSM a to (Nokia 6275)CDMA B with port number, CDMA B not reading in that port. And not even getting in Inbox.

Then while sending SMS from CDMA A to GSM B with that port number, The message received in GSM mobile inbox is //wma:16550 (Message)

To receive SMS in port in CDMA alone, should i send a message from GSM in any other format including the port.

Kindly any one solve me..
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Regular Contributor

Hi all,

Any one kindly reply for the previous post.
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Super Contributor

Have you tried to send a message from one CDMA phone to another (your explanation includes only cases GSM->GSM, GSM->CDMA, CDMA->GSM). If that works, then it looks like there are some interconnectivity problems between your GSM operator and CDMA operator and the SMS messages are not crossing from one network to another properly. There seems to be very little you can do here...

Hartti

Regular Contributor

When sending SMS from CDMA A to CDMA B via port, the received message in CDMA B inbox is //WMA:50000 (Message)

I think Operator is not the problem, because One guy faced the same problem in this thread,

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=91501

And he is solved now, but i didnt get any Answers from him reg how he get solved. So i think there might be a solution to solve this. Kindly help please.
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Super Contributor

Since the GSM->CDMA messages do not come through at all (which is different to CDMA->CDMA situation) I would say at least one part of the problem lies in the bad interoperability between the two operators.

This might be nitpicking, but in the other thread the developer did not exactly say if he was able to successfully send a message to a specific port (even though it is my impression too based on his previous post).
    Note that he might be also using a different operator, which might behave differently.

But I cannot yet rule out your interpretation of the problem either. Unfortunately I do not have access to CDMA devices right now, so hopefully someone else is able to step up.

Hartti

hi all,

Are you able to solve your problem of sending and recieving the SMS on a specific port with CDMA phones. I also tried the

same thing, its working fine for me for GMS phones(actually tried on quite a few phones and working fine). But when I tried

the same application for push registry to receive am SMS on any port 'say' 55555 on device nokia 6275 with reliance as

operator, it simply receives the SMS in inbox but not on the given port.While testing the same application on device 6280

(nearest i could get for GSM), it works just fine without any problem. As i dont have two CDMA handsets available. i tried sending the sms from GSM phone (sony w550i) on nokia 6275(reliance operator(CDMA device)) but it did not work.

Also HARTTI, i tried sending the SMS from the same device(nokia 6275 with CDMA operator) to itself so that the other application could be invoked automatically after recieving the sms but that also did not work.

What is so different with CDMA phones??

waiting for the response,
    Pradeep Joon

Regular Contributor

Hi pradeep,

I have tried to send SMS in port from CDMA to CDMA, it worked fine, and invokes the application. But when Sending from CDMA to GSM or GSM to CDMA, the message moves to normal inbox. I was studying the message format to send SMS to CDMA now, once i finish that i shall inform u. Or if u have any idea about the CDMA SMS format, kindly share with me...
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Hi ramprasath,

Sorry mate no idea about the SMS format in CDMA.
    which port did you tried for CDMA to CDMA communication?? I mean it is there something specific about the port?

Also please mention about the push registry also.

Thanks,
    Pradeep

Super Contributor

Dear Boarders,
    After reading all the posts, one thing is sure, CDMA phone cannot receive on port which is explained by JSR itself.

But sending itself if also a problem.
    I see that some of you have been able to send from CDMA phone.When i tried the same (Sender is Blackberry 8703E, Reliance) even send fails so i am wondering if it has device specific issues.
    I will try to get hold of Nokia CDMA device and try sending...!
    Boarders may throw more light ..!

Regular Contributor

I have tried with Nokia 6275 CDMA which works fine. In GSM with a java program i have used Modem to Send an SMS along with destination port in UDH. But in CDMA i didnt got through with that java program. So i got link with one of the SMPP aggregators and made them to send an SMS with UDH field containing port number for CDMA mobiles. This works fine and my application invokes automatically when SMS comes in that port.
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Which SMPP provider (in India) did you try to send messages to a particular port?
    thanks