Discussion Board

start-up j2me app in symbian app

i had the Symbian application "System Explorer" installed on my N70 under the "my apps"folder on the table,and also several other symbian apps and j2me apps,with the "System Explorer",i could see that the symbian apps installed under the "my apps" folder all have their own folder under the path c:\system\app\,but the i can't find any j2me apps files,can any body tell me where is the j2me apps' install folder.
    And i'd like to start-up my j2me app in the symbian app, is it possible?,if it is possible ,how to do it ,i know the function RProcess.Create(),but must have the app's path to start-up it,

Re: start-up j2me app in symbian app

are you all on your holidays?no one answer me.

Regarding midlet location, it depends on the OS version.. for instance, on a 7610 you'll find it on the \system\apps\{uid} as a dummy (stub) application. Looing at the {UID}.txt file on that directory, you can get the location of the jad/jar (\system\MIDlets\{id})

When running the midlet, this basically executes the following:

z:\system\Programs\midp2.exe -jad "x:\system\MIDlets\{id}\xxx.jad" -jar "x:\system\MIDlets\{id}\xxx.jar" ...

(You can check this yourself with a task manager and file explorer utility)

Regarding launching a midlet, the safest way I know is using the push registry.

Regards.

Thank PushL,i find my midlets on \system\MIDlets\{uid} path on my N70.you told me to start-up midlet as " z:\system\Programs\midp2.exe -jad "x:\system\MIDlets\{id}\xxx.jad" -jar "x:\system\MIDlets\{id}\xxx.jar" ... "in my symbian app,but with the file explorer utility "System Explorer",i can't find the "midp2.exe" on my N70.with the "search" option,i find there are only five .exe files on my c: drive,not any one is midp2.exe. Is this the reason of OS? I downloaded one mobile game evaluating platform named Game-V that is a symbian App on my n70,it can download midlet and symbian games,and start-up them,but the symbian games can started ,the midlet
    game started failure,maybe it depends on OS

You should search the midp2 exe on your Z: drive. Also, as I stated before, it something dependent on the os version, so the best way would be using the push registry feature.

I'd recommend you use a task manager to see what happens when launching these midlets. You can find a free one on my page: http://www.PushL.com

i have find it hehe