Discussion Board

fractions of degrees in manually entered landmarks

(not sure, whether this is the right forum, but anyway)
    So far I have created landmarks on my E70 by using "new landmark > current position", since I was actually there at the location to be recorded. Now I am about to leave for a 10-days trip to Morocco and wanted to create landmarks for the hotels to be visited by using "new landmark > enter manually".
    However, the input fields for longitude and latitude seem to accept exclusively integer figures whereas previous landmarks correctly show e.g. "37.6723N". For example when trying to enter a latitude of "31.6163" the system will default "°N", display "31°N" after entering <3>+<1>, will ignore entering <.> and will jump to a "90°N" after entering <6> -- the maximum latitude value, since it's not accepting 316 degrees.
    I have pressed every single key in order to see whether the decimal separator is "hidden" somewhere and I have also tried to <ctrl>+<v> the latitude string from somewhere else, but without success.
    Reading Nokia's manual and googling didn't render any help.
    Any hint will be very much appreciated!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: fractions of degrees in manually entered landmarks

Hi.

This probably isn't the right forum, however there are some localized Nokia product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions is at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your question there you may get a response.

Hope that helps.

Ron