Discussion Board

Another N95 and Wifi problem

I have an N95 and could connect to Wifi at home, but using apps like Fring, they would disconnect from the Wifi (a Netgear WPN824mk1) for no apparent reason. The network would disappear from the scanning, and then reappear.
    When it was there, the signal strength was 85%

I thought this was odd, as I have many other devices connected to the access point and not had any trouble. (Wii, PS3, Squeezebox, Nabaztag as well as other computers.

I also tried setting up SIP on the N95 to talk to the Trixbox PBX and, but the connection to the access point would continually drop.

I tried disabling the powersave option in the Advanced Wifi settings on the N95 and also enabled only 802.11g on the access point, but the problem still happened. I have upgraded the phones firmware to 11.0.026 and still the same.

I enabled an Apple Airport Express running (firmware 6.3) and disabled the Netgear, and the Wifi connection is solid on the N95 the whole evening. I even dropped the power on the N95 to 5mw, and re-enabled Wifi power saving and it didnt drop the wifi connection once.

There are a few, but not many options on the Netgear, but has anyone else found incompatabilities with Wifi access points.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Another N95 and Wifi problem

Hi you might want to post this on a different forum. This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for Nokia products or end user application support.

One Nokia product support forum that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions is at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your question there you may get a better response.

Ron

Thanks for the tip, Sorry I didnt realise.

Their is no problem with your phone..........
    for a good solution that helped me a lot go to

http://www.techviolation.com/no-gate...in-nokia-5800/