Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Problem with E90 and secondary screen

Hi all,

We have a problem with the screen size of the E90 and the secondary screen, or actually the phone is not returning the correct screen size when switched to the secondary screen.

Description:

If we start our application in the large screen, our containers get the full screen size is 800x352. We then switch to the secondary screen and tries to re init the container, still the size we get from AknLayoutUtils is 800x352.

If we on the other hand start our application on the secondary screen the correct size is returned from AknLayoutUtils, 240x235. If then swith to the primary screen and tries to re init our containers a call to AknLayoutUtils still returns the same size (240x235).

We have implemented the HandleResourceChange functions in all our containers and HandleResourceChangeL in our AppUi class. The application works nice on all the other phones (not tested on the N71 wich also has a secondary screen) but on the E70, switching to landscape from portrait and vice versa works really good. All our views/containers get updated as they should. It´s just this issue with dual screens that isn´t working at all.

Question:
    Is there anything different that I need to do to make this work. Do I have to tell the system to get the size of the other screen or something. Shouldn´t the system keep track of this by it self or what? I have searched the forum and the sdk for answers, but found nothing that works. So please help us with this matter, It´s driving us crazy

I should also mention that we are using the 9.1 sdk when building our application but this shouldn´t matter according or?

Thank you all in advance.

Regular Contributor

Re: Problem with E90 and secondary screen

Hi again,

We got the scaling to work, we are not sure what we did to make it work but if anyone has the same problem then please ask and we will debug some to give you some answers.

However, we are now facing a different problem. When opening/closing the flip on the E90 (probably the same on the N71) our application does not automatically get into focus on the secondary screen. We tried to solv this by doing the following in HandleWsEventL

Code:
       case EEventScreenDeviceChanged:
          { 
             class TApaTaskList taskList(CEikonEnv::Static()->WsSession());
             class TApaTask task = taskList.FindApp(KWayfinderUid);
             if(IsForeground() && task.Exists()) { 
                task.BringToForeground();
             }
          }
    The problem is that according to IsForeground we are never in foreground when EEventScreenDeviceChanged occurs. We know that we where in focus when we closed the lid. By doing this, we can never send our self to the foreground even if we should.

We also tried to set a memberVariable in HandleForegroundEventL and this works randomly.

Is there anyone who knows what to do about this. We might be all wrong about our solution but we can´t find any information about gaining focus when closing the lid/flip on a phone having dual screens.

Thanks

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem with E90 [].

Please help me out what exactly you changed in your code to make it work properly.................

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers,
    Aditya

Hey I also wanna know? -Having the same problem..

Thanx

Regular Contributor

You may try directly BringToForeground skipping the if...:
    // if(IsForeground() && task.Exists()) {
    task.BringToForeground();
    // }
    This method doesnt leave or panics if the task is not valid but you could get the chance to solve your point.
    You can also try to start a timer in that place which completes after 0.5 seconds and in its callback do the .. BringToForeground()

tek

I run into the same problem with the E90 secondary display.
    Did any of you find a solution for that?

Thanks a lot