Discussion Board

Question [S40 TS 2.2] Animated Grid Icons

Hi,

I built a new theme using Theme Studio 2.2 in which I tried to use animated GIF icons for the grid view (when the entry is selected).

It seems to work in TS 2.2 but it doesn't work when I deploy the theme on my testing phone (a Nokia 6233 with firmware v3.70), the GIFs are not animated and freeze at the first image...

When reading at the user manual, it's not clear which kind of animated material is supported for Animated Grid Icons (.gif, .swf, .m3g, etc.)

Is it linked to the phone's firmware version ? Are there restrictions on GIF usage in such case ?

Thanks to point me where I failed...

regards,

- PJ
    Last edited by pjturpeau; 2007-05-07 at 10:06.

Unhappy Re: [S40 TS 2.2] Animated Grid Icons

Not even a single clue ?

Re: [S40 TS 2.2] Animated Grid Icons

Quote Originally Posted by pjturpeau View Post
    Hi,

I built a new theme using Theme Studio 2.2 in which I tried to use animated GIF icons for the grid view (when the entry is selected).

It seems to work in TS 2.2 but it doesn't work when I deploy the theme on my testing phone (a Nokia 6233 with firmware v3.70), the GIFs are not animated and freeze at the first image...

When reading at the user manual, it's not clear which kind of animated material is supported for Animated Grid Icons (.gif, .swf, .m3g, etc.)

Is it linked to the phone's firmware version ? Are there restrictions on GIF usage in such case ?

Thanks to point me where I failed...

regards,

- PJ

please do one thing if you want to make icons animate use .gif icon set instead of .png and then see just try

Exclamation Re: [S40 TS 2.2] Animated Grid Icons

Quote Originally Posted by bumba_861@hotmail.com View Post
    please do one thing if you want to make icons animate use .gif icon set instead of .png and then see just try
    Useless quote, thanks. That's exactly what failed on my phone... Did you really read the original post ?

Re: [S40 TS 2.2] Animated Grid Icons

[QUOTE=pjturpeau;306160]Hi,

Hi

The animated gif files are supported by the Animated Grid icons. But m3g and swf images are having problems . Hence these images types are not recommended to use.
    Also i would like to let you know that there is a new version of the tool called ThemeEdition 3.2 avaliable for download in forum nokia which is same as theme studio 2.2 with addition customization features. So kindly let us know if the same problem is occuring with the newer version of the tool .

We are recomending this because when we tried to make changes like adding animated gif images to the Animated grid icons we were able to see the changes and the animation was played once the particular icon was highlight in the phone.hence kindly let us know if you face the same problem with this newer version.

The tool is avalible in the below mentioned link for download http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ymbian_OS.html

Regards,
    Meghana