Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: file not found

Unhappy file not found

hey have a problem with the building of an sis file for mobile. i've got an working example on emu. but if i try to make an release i get the problem "file not found" i include all the libs and file paths in the .pkg but it doesnt work know anyone that problem?

thanks

regards

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: file not found

Hello praktikant,
    Welcome to the Forum !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by praktikant
    hey have a problem with the building of an sis file for mobile. i've got an working example on emu. but if i try to make an release i get the problem "file not found" i include all the libs and file paths in the .pkg but it doesnt work know anyone that problem?

thanks

regards
    Please check whether the line giving "File Not Found" error contains correct path on your computer.

Also list down your .pkg file here with the line number which give you "File Not Found" error.

Kiran.

Re: file not found

"$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\release\thumb\urel\smssend.app" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.app"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend_caption.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend_caption.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend.aif" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.aif"

thats the .pkg file. if i change the pathnames on my local drive like C:\sym...... the problem doesnt change

regards

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

Change the path like below:

"c:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\release\thumb\urel\smssend.app" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.app"
    "c:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.rsc"
    "c:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend_caption.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend_caption.rsc"
    "c:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend.aif" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.aif"

I hope you are not getting any error on release build.
    I guess it might be an "armi" build. Try following line:
    "c:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\smssend.app" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.app"
    instead of
    "c:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\release\thumb\urel\smssend.app" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.app"
    If your problem still doesn't get solved then provide the line which is causing "File Not Found" error.

Kiran.

Red face Re: file not found

yeah thanks a lot but i belive its another problem. did you know in wich sdk i can find this file path \Epoc32\release\armi\smssend.app i've installed the S60_2nd_FP2_CW but i can't find the file on path name

regards

Nokia Developer Champion

Question Re: file not found

yeah thanks a lot but i belive its another problem. did you know in wich sdk i can find this file path \Epoc32\release\armi\smssend.app i've installed the S60_2nd_FP2_CW but i can't find the file on path name

regards
    Are you able to build for "Release" mode successfully?
    Which IDE are you using?

Kiran.

no i am not able to build an release. i am using carbide c++

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,
    no i am not able to build an release. i am using carbide c++
    Then build for "Release". If you are getting any sort of errors then post them here so that someone can help you.

Kiran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time Id
    2 *** [C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/smssend/sis/smssend.sis] Error 1 smssend 8. Mai 2007 11:45:50 18197
    2 *** [smssend.bas] Error 1 smssend 8. Mai 2007 11:45:50 18195
    2 file not found smssend.pkg smssend/sis line 16 8. Mai 2007 11:45:50 18196
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\release\armi\smssend.app" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.app"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend_caption.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend_caption.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\data\z\system\apps\smssend\smssend.aif" -"!:\system\apps\smssend\smssend.aif"

if i change the file path's on my local symbian folder i get the same errors

regards
    Last edited by praktikant; 2007-05-08 at 13:10.

Nokia Developer Champion

Question Re: file not found

Hi,

I meant to say that are you getting any error while buiding for "Release", apart from the errors you have shown.
    Search for "smssend.app" in the path: c:\Symbian\8.0a\......\epoc32\release\armi Is it there?

Anyways post your complete output of "Release" build.

Kiran.

smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x2d6):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x304):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CBase::newL(unsigned int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x304):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CBase::newL(unsigned int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x316):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x316):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x33a):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CArrayFixBase::At(int) const'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x33a):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CArrayFixBase::At(int) const
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x35c):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `TUid:perator==(TUid const &) const'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x35c):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 TUid:perator==(TUid const &) const
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x368):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CArrayFixBase::At(int) const'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x368):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CArrayFixBase::At(int) const
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x37a):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CArrayFixBase::InsertRepL(int, void const *, int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x37a):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CArrayFixBase::InsertRepL(int, void const *, int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x382):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CArrayFixBase::At(int) const'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x382):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CArrayFixBase::At(int) const
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x3e8):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `TDes16::Copy(TDesC16 const &)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x3e8):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 TDes16::Copy(TDesC16 const &)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x3f2):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `TDes16::Copy(TDesC16 const &)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x3f2):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 TDes16::Copy(TDesC16 const &)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x462):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `TTime::HomeTime(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x462):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 TTime::HomeTime(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x470):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x470):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4b0):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CBase::newL(unsigned int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4b0):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CBase::newL(unsigned int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4c2):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4c2):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4c6):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4c6):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4e0):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CArrayFixBase::At(int) const'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4e0):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CArrayFixBase::At(int) const
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4f8):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x4f8):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x506):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `TPtrC16::TPtrC16(TDesC16 const &)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x506):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 TPtrC16::TPtrC16(TDesC16 const &)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x556):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x556):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x568):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x568):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x572):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CActive::SetActive(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x572):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CActive::SetActive(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x5d0):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CBase::newL(unsigned int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x5d0):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CBase::newL(unsigned int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x5e2):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x5e2):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x600):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CBase::newL(unsigned int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x600):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CBase::newL(unsigned int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x612):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x612):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x626):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CArrayFixBase::InsertL(int, void const *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x626):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CArrayFixBase::InsertL(int, void const *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x62e):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `TBufBase8::TBufBase8(int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x62e):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 TBufBase8::TBufBase8(int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x64a):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x64a):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x654):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CActive::SetActive(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x654):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CActive::SetActive(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x68a):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x68a):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x6bc):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x6bc):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x6cc):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CBase::newL(unsigned int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x6cc):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CBase::newL(unsigned int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x6de):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x6de):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x728):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CArrayFixBase::At(int) const'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x728):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CArrayFixBase::At(int) const
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x748):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x748):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x758):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x758):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x7c4):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x7c4):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PushL(CBase *)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x7da):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x7da):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(int)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x7e0):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CActive::SetActive(void)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.text+0x7e0):csmshandler.cp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CActive::SetActive(void)
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.rdata$__vt_11CSmsHandler+0x14):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `CActive::RunError(int)'
    smssend.in(csmshandler.o)(.rdata$__vt_19MMsvSessionObserver+0x8):csmshandler.cp: undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
    smssend.in(csmsapp.o)(.text+0x1e):csmsapp.cpp: undefined reference to `CBase:perator new(unsigned int)'
    smssend.in(csmsapp.o)(.text+0x1e):csmsapp.cpp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 CBase:perator new(unsigned int)
    smssend.in(csmsapp.o)(.rdata$__vt_15CAknApplication+0x14):csmsapp.cpp: undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
    smssend.in(csmsapp.o)(.rdata$__vt_15CAknApplication+0x38):csmsapp.cpp: undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
    make: *** [smssend.bas] Error 1

Super Contributor

from you release build what i understand is that your app file has not been created due to errors.Could you check for the .app file in the source path mentioned in your .pkg file (\Epoc32\release\armi\smssend.app).Check whether you have added the needed libraries on the .mmp file.

Priju

yeah thats my problem i have to add this file C:\.........\Epoc32\release\armi\smssend.app but i can't find it in the sdk S60_2nd_FP2_CW ..why ? okay i am a newbie but if i install the sdk and try to start an example included in this one, and so many files are missing . how can it be ? maybe some one know in wich sdk this file is available

all libs are included!

regards

Super Contributor

yeah thats my problem i have to add this file C:\.........\Epoc32\release\armi\smssend.app but i can't find it in the sdk S60_2nd_FP2_CW ..why ? okay i am a newbie but if i install the sdk and try to start an example included in this one, and so many files are missing . how can it be ? maybe some one know in wich sdk this file is available
    Look praktikant,
    the .app file would be build/created only when the make process succeeds.

Priju

and where does he save the .app file on my local system ?