Discussion Board

Nokia_6131_NFC_SDK_1_0 with Philips Pegoda

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Philips Pegoda MF RD700 with the Nokia_6131_NFC_SDK_1_0.
    According to the documentation and the files located in the 'bin' directory (PEGODA.dll, Rd700.dll, ...), this reader/writer seems to be supported.
    However, i can't find a way to be sure that the Pegoda has been detected when running an app within the emulator, i always see the virtual cards (see picture).
    I tried to unplug/plug the Pegoda during the execution (from the documentation : "The emulator does not detect attaching or detaching an external reader when running. This
    means that the external reader must be attached to the computer when the emulator is started.").
    I also tried with the "JSR_257_RI_1_0\Prototype_3_0_S40_128x128_MIDP_Emulator" and i had to modify the 'contactless_config.xml' file to add the following line : "<rfid_driver classname="com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.mirrors.contactless.PegodaDriver"/>"
    Do i need to apply a similar modification when using the Nokia_6131_NFC_SDK_1_0 ?
    Any idea ?
    I'm using Windows XP and Netbeans 5.5/JDK5.0.
    Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Nokia_6131_NFC_SDK_1_0 with Philips Pegoda

Have you tried placing a real NDEF tag (Mifare Ultralight or 1k/4k) in the reader while the MIDlet in the screenshot is running?

If the tag is detected/read by the MIDlet, then you know that the reader has been correctly detected.
    Raluca Cindrea
    Helsinki, Finland
    www.nokia.com/nfc

Re: Nokia_6131_NFC_SDK_1_0 with Philips Pegoda

I tried with the samples tags provided with the 3220 NFC shell (Mifare 1k) :

If y try the same midlet with the 'JSR 257 RI' profile :

Then i can see the detection of the Pegoda in the debug screen ("Loading NATIVE1, Loading NATIVE2"), the sample tag is well detected, the midlet says "... NDEFMessage written ...", but when i try to read this "theorically written" tag, then a NullPointerException is thrown (Perhaps the tag was not really written ?)