Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Secure element push URL

In specification secure element url for push registry looks like that: "secure-element:"?aid=<aid_string>

where <aid_string> String of numerical characters. Identifier is the aid defined in ISO7816-5 specification. Masks can be used.

I wonder about that AID , is it package AID, applet AID or something else. And where I can see this AID. I tried to register with package and applet AID but MIDlet was invalid in those cases.

I tried something like that

secure-element?aid=TestSC
    secure-element?aid=5152535455

Re: Secure element push URL

You forgot the ":" after "secure-element". The AID is a string of numerical characters. Try "secure-element:?aid=5152535455"

Regards
    Andi

Thanks. Yes, it works now.

Hi,

I wonder how this was done..

I am using a similar JAD directive:
    MIDlet-Push-1: secure-element:?aid=A00000006203010C01, com.nokia.nfc.app.hello.InternalSecureCardMIDlet, *

but when I launch the Midlet on the phone, it says "Invalid Midlet, Delete?"

Anyone could help?
    Cheers,
    NAjib

The "invalid midlet" error occurs when you make a deployment while you're in the applications menu of the phone. Going back and re-entering the menu should solve it.

Secondly, my phone does not allow push-registry code to be executed even though the midlet is signed by Thawte, unless I put the necessary permission to the JAD.

Thirdly, I have a question of my own. How do we communicate with the secure element of Nokia 6131 via Omnikey 5321's MF emulation mode? What is the APDU for select application i.e.?

Quote Originally Posted by ozorhan View Post
    The "invalid midlet" error occurs when you make a deployment while you're in the applications menu of the phone. Going back and re-entering the menu should solve it.
    This doesn't solve the problem for me, it doesn't even work in the emulator.

I also put the JAR+JAD file on a MicroSD smart card, put it in the phone and want to run the application. The app works great without the MIDlet-Push-1 line in the JAD file. This is what I'm using now:

MIDlet-Push-1: secure-element:?aid=7472616e736170702e617070, ds.TransMid, *

Where 7472...7070 is the Applet AID of the applet installed on the SE (not the Package AID), I also tried the package AID, which didn't help either. There must be something else wrong ;-)
    Last edited by fkooman; 2008-10-08 at 21:25.

fkooman, be aware: the emualtor doesn't handle the push-registry correctly. (start on touching etc ...) thus, don't rely on that.

cheers, geri-m

Quote Originally Posted by geri-m View Post
    fkooman, be aware: the emualtor doesn't handle the push-registry correctly. (start on touching etc ...) thus, don't rely on that.

cheers, geri-m
    It works now for me. I guess it needed to be signed for it to work with the secure element :-)

Another problem that pops up up now: The midlet only seems to start as soon as I move the phone away from the card reader and not while it is in range. I'm using Java6 on the computer with javax.smartcardio.* to communicate with the applet and tried to close the channel (card.disconnect(true)) to disconnect and reset the card but still that doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something? Should the application do something special? Like have an event/transaction/... listener that does something? In my case I just have a "standard" Midlet without considering that it is being launched using the pushregistry...

My jad file, for other interested readers:

MIDlet-1: PowerMod,,ds.mobile.PowerMod
    MIDlet-Certificate-1-1: MIIDUDCCArmgA....
    MIDlet-Certificate-1-2: MIIDTjCCAr...
    MIDlet-Certificate-1-3: MIIDJzCCApCgAwI....
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 10687
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: PowerMod.jar
    MIDlet-Name: PowerMod MIDlet Suite
    MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry
    MIDlet-Push-1: secure-element:?aid=7472616e736170702e617070,ds.mobile.PowerMod,*
    MIDlet-Vendor: MIDlet Suite Vendor
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0

Hi,
    could you please elaborate what changes I have to make to my applet or MIDlet to use Secure Element Push?

What I did till now is this:
    I create a MIDlet as usual and edited the jad file before signing.
    These are the only two lines which I added additionally:

Code:
    MIDlet-Push-1: secure-element:?aid=a0650C0C6F4160606C65
    The AID is the Applet AID. I did not add anything to the applet or MIDlet source. If I deploy this jad/jar Package on the Phone it complains "invalid application".

What else do I have to change or what am I doing wrong? Unfortunately I could not find any other documentation or example.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Hak
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

is the midlet signed?

Quote Originally Posted by geri-m View Post
    is the midlet signed?
    Yes it is. Without the additional two lines in the JAD File, no error is thrown and I can access the secure element without a problem. Of course I add the lines first and then sign it.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I added the class name to the AID and now it works, so now I have:

Code:
    MIDlet-Push-1: secure-element:?aid=a0650C0C6F4160606C65,TheMidlet,*
    The MIDlet is only started, after I move the phone away from the card reader. Is there anyway to start it right away after the select?

Regards,
    Hak
    Last edited by Hak; 2008-11-13 at 12:19.

Hi,

I try to use the push registry in order to launch automatically a middlet on a Nokia6212 when touching an ACR122 reader.
    I added the two lines to the manifest (MIDlet-Permissions and MIDlet-Push-1) but when I launch the midlet, I also get an "invalide application" error.

It seems some of you solved the problem by signing their code...

Is there any cheaper way to sign the code than purchasing a certificate from a certificate authority ?
    Should it launch with the emulator when I set the security domain as Trusted ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I am trying to start a J2ME application when a connection is made using a contacless reader. APDU commands are sent to a cardlet I created, and then I would like to open the Midlet.

I always get the "Invalid application" text on my emulator when I launch the midlet. I use the Nokia 6212 emulator. I put the emulator in the 'Maximum' security domain. Here is the code I use in the JAD file:

Code:
    MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.apdu.aid, javax.microedition.apdu.sat, javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry
    MIDlet-Push-1: secure-element:?aid=a0000000185000000000000052414441,MainMidlet,*
    If I try to self-sign the MIDlet, the certificate is not recognize by the emulator, so I don't do it. Could that be the problem?

Am I doing something wrong?

Julien

Hallo Julien,

seems as if the emulator only accept secure-element PushRegistry entries if the MIDlet is signed. I've just checked and as soon as I sign the MIDlet the emulator the "Invalid application" message disappears.

br,
    Michael