Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up [moved] JAVA apps now working with TMobileWeb proxy

Hey all,

I have posted this thread over at HowardForums ... please read the full version there.

Basically, I wrote a wbxml provisioning script to allow JAVA apps to use a proxy for Series 40 v2 and v3 phones. This has been successfully tested on my 6131 (unbranded unlocked) with Opera Mini, Google Maps, and MGMaps. I'm using the T-Mobile $5.99 wap plan, which requires the use of a proxy to connect to the internet. Before we couldn't do this, now we can.

I will be posting the wml script (.wml), the wbxml file (.prov), and install instructions on my website tomorrow ... stay tuned. If this has already been done, I hope someone will call me a moron 'cuz I searched high and low and couldn't find a working method that allows JAVA programs to use an http proxy on these phones.

Thanks!
    Ravi

Re: JAVA apps now working with TMobileWeb proxy

OK Done! Head over to the HowardForums thread for a download link.

Enjoy!
    Ravi

Ooookkk is this not useful (considering there's a whole thread asking how to do this), or was my explanation confusing? To simplify, a "provisioning script" is also known as a "configuration file" ... very similar to the file sent to your phone when you use the Nokia settings configurator. Only this file allows you to specify your own proxy, which can't be done directly from a Series40 V2 or V3 phone.

If you don't want to download & compile libwbxml, you can just tell me your desired proxy info and I'll make the script for you.

Ravi

OK Ravi!

One for me please.. The IP is : 195.182.114.052 and
    APN is : wap.viaginterkom.de . It is the german network called: o2 .

I treyed myself to edit both your files with word pad or the windows-editor.
    Didnt worked..
    thanks in advance,

helgo

Quote Originally Posted by helgobender
    One for me please.. The IP is : 195.182.114.052 and
    APN is : wap.viaginterkom.de . It is the german network called: o2 .
    Done ... please re-download and you'll see a "O2 (Germany)" folder with the right .prov file in there. You didn't specify which proxy port or what APN username/password, so I used port 8080 with no username/password.

Quote Originally Posted by helgobender
    I treyed myself to edit both your files with word pad or the windows-editor.
    Didnt worked..
    After you edit the .wml file, you have to compile it into a wbxml .prov file (which is what you send to your phone). Did you see the README on how to do this?

Hope it works!
    Ravi
    Last edited by ravidavi; 2007-05-24 at 22:43.

Nice work, Ravi, thank you. But do you know if I can transfer the file to the phone through a usb connection? I don't have bluetooth on my computer.

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ravidavi
    Done ... please re-download and you'll see a "O2 (Germany)" folder with the right .prov file in there. You didn't specify which proxy port or what APN username/password, so I used port 8080 with no username/password.

After you edit the .wml file, you have to compile it into a wbxml .prov file (which is what you send to your phone). Did you see the README on how to do this?

Hope it works!
    Ravi

Quote Originally Posted by plutino
    Nice work, Ravi, thank you. But do you know if I can transfer the file to the phone through a usb connection? I don't have bluetooth on my computer.
    Sorry Chris, I haven't found any way to transfer the file via USB. Nokia's docs actually say that you need to do it through Bluetooth (and I've updated the README to reflect this).

All I could suggest would be to pick up a cheap ($15) usb bluetooth adapter from Best Buy.

Ravi

Thanks Ravi, I just found this software can send xml files directly to a phone. Now I can receive the setting (revised for Cingular) and it works perfectly. The software can also set sync servers. Now I can sync with my google calendar through goosync, which is awsome.

- Chris

Sorry Chris, I haven't found any way to transfer the file via USB. Nokia's docs actually say that you need to do it through Bluetooth (and I've updated the README to reflect this).

All I could suggest would be to pick up a cheap ($15) usb bluetooth adapter from Best Buy.

Ravi
    Last edited by plutino; 2007-05-26 at 09:26.

Thanks Ravi, I just found this software can send xml files directly to a phone. Now I can receive the setting (revised for Cingular) and it works perfectly. The software can also set sync servers. Now I can sync with my google calendar through goosync, which is awsome.
    Hmm so did you use that software to send the .prov file, or does that software create its own provisioning files from data you enter? If you did just modify one of the files in my download ... would you mind sending me the .wml file so that I can include it for other users?

Thanks!
    Ravi

That software can only take xml/wml files. It also I can send the file to you, but hot to set it in a private message? I'm quite new to here.

- Chris

Hmm so did you use that software to send the .prov file, or does that software create its own provisioning files from data you enter? If you did just modify one of the files in my download ... would you mind sending me the .wml file so that I can include it for other users?

Thanks!
    Ravi

Thanks for the contribution Chris! I added it to the download, but I took out the Web and GooSync settings (since those can be added directly through the phone UI).

Thanks!
    Ravi

The web setting works through the UI setting, but I cannot get the Sync part to work using the UI. I have a 3110 classic.

- Chris

Thanks for the contribution Chris! I added it to the download, but I took out the Web and GooSync settings (since those can be added directly through the phone UI).

Thanks!
    Ravi

Hi i have big problems with 6131 also and I have no idea what settings are correct to make this file.

Here is what I could gather together.

Name of service : Mobitel GPRS

Homepage : http://planet.mobitel.si

security connection : off

Carrier: GPRS

connection GPRS : when needed

GPRS connection point ( APN ) : internet

IP address : 213.229.249.040

security checking : Normal

Login stlye : manual

Username : mobitel

Password : internet

Can you make me a file out of this? I cant even access the page http://libwbxml.aymerick.com/users.php . Seems to be down several days already since i first tried!
    Last edited by Sawyer22; 2007-05-28 at 13:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer22
    Hi i have big problems with 6131 also and I have no idea what settings are correct to make this file.
    Hi Sawyer22,

Did you try just putting in your info directly into your phone? Is the IP address you gave for the Mobitel proxy?

Ravi

edit: The file is ready. Please redownload the package and look in the "Mobitel (Slovenia)" folder. I used proxy port 8080 since you didn't specify anything else.
    Last edited by ravidavi; 2007-05-28 at 20:41.

The web setting works through the UI setting, but I cannot get the Sync part to work using the UI. I have a 3110 classic.
    Ooo ok ... well still, I'd prefer to keep just the proxy info in the provisioning files, and people can add more to there (like you did with GooSync) if they need it.

For those who want to know: Chris added the following settings into the NokiaJAVAProxy.wml file to get GooSync (google sync) to work. You should first try entering the settings directly into your phone, and if that doesn't work, try putting it in the provisioning file and sending to your phone.

Code:
      <!-- GooSync Setting, by Chris (plutino on Nokia Forums) -->
      <characteristic type="APPLICATION">
        <parm name="APPID" value="w5"/>
        <!-- Change 'CinProxy' to the proxy settings ID used in this file-->
        <parm name="TO-PROXY" value="CinProxy"/>
        <parm name="ADDR" value="http://www.goosync.com/sync/sync.aspx"/>
        <characteristic type="RESOURCE">
          <parm name="URI" value="./Calendar"/>
          <parm name="NAME" value="Calendar DB"/>
          <parm name="AACCEPT" value="text/x-vcalendar"/>
        </characteristic>