Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Provisioning and creating SIP profiles programmatically

I want to dramatically simplify setting up SIP on device by setting up SIP profiles automatically using information gathered from the network.

Unfortunately, it seems that there is no public C++ API to do this, since the needed class (CSipConcreteProfile) is not published. Am I right in thinking that?

The other option seems to be to create a device provisioning XML document, and somehow feed it to the OMA provisioning agent. Is this possible? My experiments with sending XML files to the device haven't worked, by which token I take it that either there is no recogniser for the provisioning XML docs, or that it needs a specific file extension... Is there a C++ API I can just hand a file path or handle to, and let it do the rest?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Provisioning and creating SIP profiles programmatically

By device provisioning XML, do you mean OMA Client Provisioning. VoIP related settings have been added to our implementation.

Have you take a look at the following information?
    Client Provisioning Registration v1.7

Regular Contributor

Yes, I've read all about how the create the XML documents, but that isn't my question.

What I want to know is how can I create a SIP access point from a native application. Can I dynamically write one of these documents and then do some RApaLsSession invocation to pass it to whatever application handles it? If so, what mime type should be used? Is there some other way, like a C++ API?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Sorry I have mis-understood your initial question. I cannot think of any C++ API (public) for adding SIP profile. As far as RApaLsSession invocation, I don't believe there is a SIP profile recongizer.

My suggestion would be you can open a API partnering case and discuss with our support team.

S60 API Partnering Program

Regular Contributor

I guess you're right, throwing a couple of hundred euros at the problem is probably the quickest way to get it sorted. I guess all I need is one header by the looks of the public API.

Thanks.