Discussion Board

Viewing AXIS 207W MPEG4 Stream on Nokia

Dear community members,

I am currently having the following situation:
    I have a webcam installed at my home place. It is an AXIS 207W.

My goal: to access the webcam from outside the intranet (which in itself is a challenge, maybe someone can help me here already?) on a nokia.

So that means I want to access the video stream from my axis 207W via the web browser, media player of my nokia (real player?)

It is a rtsp transfer protocol the camera supports. there are two files, a media.amp and media.3gp.

Do you know what to do and what to use? What do I need to take into account? Ports, etc.?

I already know some cell phone network providers block the streaming. Do you heard which provider blocks/allows it in Germany?

Thank you,

Clemens

Re: Viewing AXIS 207W MPEG4 Stream on Nokia

Hello,

I have the same problem with an Axis 206-W, my streaming file is http://myserver.org/mjpg/video.mjpg ..

Thanks!

Genfersee

Hi genfersee,

with the AXIS 206 you will not be able to 'stream' video. Your Mjpg file is only viewable with the AXIS applet installed in your internet explorer or other programs as viewcommander (www.ivimg.com - also versions for cell phones running windows mobile available).

During my waiting time I also managed to solve the issue now. To access the camera, AXIS 207W, from outside the intranet, you need to use (or that is at least the solution i have now) the AXIS internet Dynamic Address Service (which is for free ).
    The you tell your router that your AXIS 207 is a DMZ (enter IP address as DMZ) and there you go. from now on it is accessible from the internet with your new address (usually something.axiscam.net).
    Now, viewing on a mobile handset needs a few tweaks, but i managed to view a live stream on a nokia N95 (i do not know about other models and their compatability with my solution).
    Here are the steps you need to do to make your AXISCAM 207 accessible for a NOKIA N95:
    1.) go to your AXISCAM and go to SETUP
    2.) under VIDEO&IMAGE, set the resolution to max. 176x144 and the frame rate to max. 5 fps (rest leave default)
    3.) go to ADVANCED and then MPEG4
    4.) set the maximum bit rate to 64 kbits and the GOV Length to 8 (leave rest as default)
    5.) under AUDIO use AAC encoding, sample rate 8, 32kbits
    6.) your stream is now accessible via your nokia N95 media player when you enter the following url:
    rtsp://*myaxiscam*.axiscam.net/mpeg4/media.3gp
    (replace *myaxiscam* with your individual address)

Good luck and tell me if it worked for you. Especially interesting would be a list of compatible devices. I can already tell you that it just will not work on any windows mobile running real player, since there is a codec problem. what did you find and how did it work for you all?

HI, DO YOU THINK IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THE SAME WITH AXIS 211?