Discussion Board

sqlite database on symbian devices

I want to use python scripting language with sqlite database on symbian devices. I am not getting any link from where I can download sqlite for symbian devices. Please let me know from where and how we can install sqlite on symbian device.

Super Contributor

Re: sqlite database on symbian devices

Hi simmik and welcome to the forum

To my knowledge, pySQLite has been ported to PyS60. You can get the source from http://www.initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/wiki/pysqlite and try to compile it.

But I'm not certain it would be the right choice to use it (depending on the performances) on a phone. Remember that resource are limited.

If you are making a client/server application, let the server take care of the database stuff and just get the return value(s), via XML for example.

LFD
    Devices:
    Nokia E61 3rd Edition - pys60 1.4.0

Tips and modules:
    http://www.lfdm.net/thesis

Re: sqlite database on symbian devices

Thanks for the reply.

We have to make an application for symbian devices in which we have to keep some data on the device and want to synchronise the same from the server after scheduled intervals.

We are still in search to find which database should be best to use on symbian devices. Please suggest which database should we use on symbian devices to store our application data.

I am able to install pysqlite and sqlite database on my pc. But to install it on s60 devices it needs to be converted to sis file. I am new to this. Can you please tell the method with which I can convert sqlite or pysqlite exe to sis file to port on symbian devices.